Community
Notices

Hello everyone!

Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello everyone!

Found this site yesterday and decided to use it to help me lose a few lbs and start excercising to become fit; or close to fit! Had a difficult day logging in all the custom foods and learning to navigate the site but it did motivate me to get as close as I could to my daily goal using foods I had in the house. It takes me a few days to get on track; I think of 1st 3days as learning what i need to change & buy better choices to have on hand. Thank you for the great newbie posts & I will try to add my diet/tricks/nutrition info as soon as I'm settled in.
Lost 100lbs many yrs ago and kept it off until Ive had to change my lifstyle because of a car accident. I've let 15-20lbs creep back on these past few yrs. As always, the 1st 5lbs wasnt noticible and the next 5lbs made me think of dieting!
as time has passed now I realize I've become too heavy for my bad back and my clothes have mysteriously changed size! The challenge will be to lose the inches and lbs without being able to do much excercise.
So I'll read your posts and take advantage of all the good advice that is here.
Have a good evening & be well my friends
Old 10-23-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay!

Yes, the process of tracking can be a bit overwhelming at first, there's a lot to learn. What I did was first just focus on my macros for the first month while changes were made in my diet, buying new, healthier foods. Fiber was the big thing.

Then after getting a handle on calories and macros I incorporated watching the micronutrients. This proved an even greater challenge due to trying to decrease sodium while increasing potassium. It's all an incredible balancing act really and its hard to imagine figuring all this out without the use of software.

But the tools are here and with dedication you will be successful for sure.