Notices

HI!

Old 10-16-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default HI!

I'm trying to jump-start my weight loss stall, and felt this might be the only place I can find everything I need.
I had gastric by-pass surgery 2 years ago and, because of personal reasons, have not lost or gained any weight in the last year.
What I would like to find are some daily menus high in protein and low in carbs(I'm hypoglycemic). I am just NOT good at meal and menu planning. Is there a place on this site that can help me with that?
However, before I even start, I've tried to download pics and/or set up an avatar. I found items that fit within the parameters but it keeps saying "unable to download".
Lee
Old 10-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Lee, Welcome to FitDay. The function for avatars worked for a short while but seemed to have been turned off for now. You can post pics in your signature if you'd like.

As far as menus, there aren't any here (that I know of). You can ask around and I'm sure people may have menus to share. Low carb is pretty easy to figure out, cut out as much bread, pasta, potatoes, cereals, snacks, low fat items, etc as possible. Many low fat items use sugar to get their flavor. When I went low carb, I cut back on fruit and milk, ate a lot of meat, cheese, green veggies, salads with full fat dressing and a couple servings of nuts a day. I have no menus to share, just be creative.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SwampCatNana
What I would like to find are some daily menus high in protein and low in carbs(I'm hypoglycemic).

Check out this thread

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...b-recipes.html

You may find the bloggers site mentioned on this thread to be especially helpful.

Welcome to FitDay!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SwampCatNana
However, before I even start, I've tried to download pics and/or set up an avatar. I found items that fit within the parameters but it keeps saying "unable to download".
Lee
Avatars are now working. Please try again.