Notices

Hullo.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hullo.

Hi there. I've been using FitDay for several months now but I'm new to the forums. I've already posted some so....

Anyway, due to some medical problems I'm having, I've been advised to lose 100 pounds. My weight combined with a blood disorder I've got, is literally killing me. I've gone back to the Atkins low carb thing and I'm working to lose the weight. FitDay has been helpful in keeping track of things and has helped to make a difficult (for me) process somewhat easier. But it looks like it's going to be rougher to lose this time than last time. Still, the alternative is just not acceptable, you know?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place for support, there is even a thread for those looking to lose 100lbs. You might want to check it out.

Believe me I know all about having your weight impact your health. I have degenerative disc disease, and although I've never had a "Come to Jesus" meeting with my regular doctor over my weight, my knee doc was more forward on the subject. I believe his exact words were, "you need to lose some weight or you'll be in a wheel chair before you hit 50, unless of course you get the knee reconstruction surgery". This was after I'd told him that I wasn't really game for any more surgery.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

I saw the thread. I haven't posted there, yet.

Sorry about your knees. For me, though, it was more severe. I've got hereditary hemochromatosis which, combined with fatty liver syndrome (from being overweight for so many years) has given me non-alcoholic cirrhosis. Basically, I'm half way to liver cancer. The treatment for HH is pretty gruesome (weekly bloodlettings) but it's much preferable to dieting, IMO. I have to do both. I should weigh about 100 pounds less than I do (98, specifically), so there's my goal. Fortunately, there's no deadline (other than death) so falling off occasionally isn't as guilt inspiring as it used to be. I just have to get right back up on that horse.

Which I will do, so help me.