I've got a year to get slim! >

I've got a year to get slim!

Community
Notices

I've got a year to get slim!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default I've got a year to get slim!

Hi everyone! My name is Dani. I am 26 years old, 5'4", 174lbs. My goal weight is 115lbs. My boyfriend of 4 years and I are finally talking about tying the knot. He wants to do it next fall/winter, which gives me around a year or a little over to work my buns off.

I don't have an official diet plan, but i'm just trying to cut out excess calories and add exercise! I've been working out a half hour per day for the last week or so, but only started documenting it today, when I found this site!

Ummm so hi everyone!!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Hello Dani and welcome to FitDay. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

In the womens corner they have a weekly motivational thread going, check it out when you get a chance.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

hmmm, 5'4'.... 174 lbs sound familiar . I just happen to just over twice your age, and if I can do it so can you!

Welcome. For a little exercise inspiration check out the exercise section.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Dani,
If you lose a pound per week, you will be right on target.

As soon as you feel fit to do so, you will want to up your activity.

What I would reccomend is go along like you are going now, then when you hit your plateu, then up your activity level to one hour, then eventually to 2 hours.

Walking is the best way to go.

Also eat no sugar, or anything with sugar in it, no white bread, no white rice and no pasta.(except whole wheat pasta)

In addition, drink a half gallon of water in the early part of the day, and one half gallon in te later part of the day.

Dieting doesn't mean starving yourself, I would google caloric needs and enter your information such as height, weight, age, and activity level to find out how many calories to take in, or not to take in to lose one pound per week.

It is a fairly easy process, if you stick to these guide lines.

JACKDUP

Last edited by jackdup; 10-03-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: to add whole wheat pasta
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Dani,
If you lose a pound per week, you will be right on target.

As soon as you feel fit to do so, you will want to up your activity.

What I would reccomend is go along like you are going now, then when you hit your plateu, then up your activity level to one hour, then eventually to 2 hours.

Walking is the best way to go.

Also eat no sugar, or anything with sugar in it, no white bread, no white rice and no pasta.

In addition, drink a half gallon of water in the early part of the day, and one half gallon in te later part of the day.

Dieting doesn't mean starving yourself, I would google caloric needs and enter your information such as height, weight, age, and activity level to find out how many calories to take in, or not to take in to lose one pound per week.

It is a fairly easy process, if you stick to these guide lines.

JACKDUP
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting engaged! I think it's wonderful that you have decided to make some changes to become healthier, and hopefully ones that will last a lifetime, rather than just get you to a day or into a dress (not that there is anything wrong with looking fantastic in your wedding dress). Good luck and like Mike said don't be a stranger.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, As Amy said above I also would hope this would be a lifestyle change and not just something you only do until your wedding day. Nothing wrong with that but without focus it is easy (I know from experience) to bounce right back up the scale.

I would encourage you to use the Fitday tools to setup a Weight Goal. This will give you a daily calorie deficit goal and even a graph to track your progress in relation to your goal. More knowledge gives you more power and more control of your efforts. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Dani! Congrats on your engagement!