Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Newbie

Hello! I am new to this weight loss journey!

I am a single mom to my little girl, who is almost two. I am going to school to become a nurse. I have to say, I was shocked one day when I found out that my BMI was in the 30s. . . And at 20, I didn't feel that I had an excuse to weigh this much, and show such disrespect for my body. So I decided to get my act together and lose weight. But I failed so many times, because I was unable to hold myself accountable. One day I randomly ran across FitDay, and decided to give it a try. This site has made things seem fun. I like filling in everything I ate, and what I did, even if I didn't meet my goal at all. It lets me know what I need to be aware of. The first time I entered my food into the tracker form, I had to remember all the food I had eaten, including the food I had consumed without paying attention. It has already helped, today I made the choice not to sit and eat.
I think this site will help me to change my life, and I will learn some tools to make sure I set a good example for my daughter.
Anyway, I am 5'9", and currently weigh 240 ish (don't have a scale yet)
And my goal is to be around 130-140 and fit (by the end of next year), as I have many athletic things I want to try but can't right now because I can't walk faster than a stroll without losing my breath.
My first mini-goal is to break 200 lbs.
Anyway, I hope to be posting in the success stories section one day!
Cheers
Old 09-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay! Logging your food can be a real eye opener for sure. Sounds like you're already getting some good use out of FitDay and finding the forum side will definitely help keep you accountable.

I'd you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We also just started FitDay Beta. There is a link as an announcement at the top of every forum. Feel free to check it out. It's still in the works but we are looking for feedback.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

"This site has made things seem fun."

There ya go! It really is fun, especially when you start seeing the results. Congrats on your decision to make a real change! Enjoy your time here, best wishes on your success, and last but not least...

Old 09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the decision to find the healthier you! It really is fun along the way!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there I am new as well! I just set my system up, logged in my food and exercise this afternoon! Wow i can sure see where I need to make some changes! I cannot wait to meet all of you here, and share in this journey together! I am an 18 yr old girl, 161 1b, with 51 to lose (im only 5 2 lol) I am on my own, working at a grocery store, and running a business on the side. I came from the Amish, left 2 yr ago, and since than I gained 40 1b I was not used to fast food, and I was used to hard physical labour, but now thats all changed, and I want to get back into the body I used to be! My goal is to lose 3 1b a wk, cutting down to 1200 calorie day diet, and burn an extra 628 calories a day to reach my goal sometime at the end of Jan 2012!!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Charley123
I came from the Amish

Welcome Charley!

That's a really neat background you have. I used to bicycle ride a lot in Lancaster County, PA. I'm very familiar with the Amish. I'm sure you've given up Shoe Fly Pie, at least for the time being, correct?

Originally Posted by Charley123
... My goal is to lose 3 1b a wk, cutting down to 1200 calorie day diet, and burn an extra 628 calories a day to reach my goal sometime at the end of Jan 2012!!
Just be very careful about that goal, especially if you plan on exercising. It's very difficult to maintain a 1200 calorie diet for a woman, especially a younger woman with a higher metabolism. It may actually not be enough for you, but I'm sure the ladies here can offer some great advice in the Women's forum. I'm just sayin'.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, justy90, good to meet you here on FitDay. You have a great motivation to get healthy and I think you're in the right place. Hope to see more of you here on the boards.

Welcome, Charley. I wish you success here and hope you continue to post and chat with us on the forums!

Conventional wisdom is that a 1-2 pound loss per week is "safe." That being said, everybody is different. You will need to find what works for you as you go through the process. I am the same height, and it is true that the shorter and smaller you are in general, the fewer calories you burn, so as you lose, it may be tougher and tougher to get the same daily calorie deficit. I did have to go to 1200 from time to time to get a loss, especially as I got close to my goal, but it is tough to sustain that. One of my problems at that point was not eating enough and then having it rebound and I'd eat everything in sight. You could also consider alternating higher calorie days with lower ones; that keeps your metabolism going (just make sure to always burn more than you eat). Be patient and don't give up even when you hit a plateau...they happen to everyone.

I'll mention that in the Women's Forum we have a 7-day motivational thread that keeps us going; it's very active and a good place to "meet" others on FitDay. Y'all are free to jump on down there and chat with us?
Old 09-16-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on joining Justy90! I'm new as well so I'm on this journey with you! I hope to post success stories with you one day soon. Talk care. Enjoy the journey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.