Notices

Newbie here!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Newbie here!

Hey, I just started here a few days ago, I read that keeping a log of what you eat and exercises you do help to double your chances of success, so I looked around and found this site was pretty highly rated, and I can see why.

Little about me.. I am 27, was on active duty army for 5 years and good shape the whole time! I joined the Army at 175lbs, throughout the training and the accumulation of muscle i was pretty solid at 182lbs.. Now, 9 months into the reserves.. I seem to have enlarged I have always met the Army Height and weight standards though. Being a nurse doesnt help either... Nurses are some of the biggest hypocrites there are.. "Hey don't eat that! Its bad for you" while in the break room theres cookies, cake, icecream and pie from one of the many "pot-lucks"

I am 6'1'', and weighed 200lbs on 9/10/11, and today I am 195lbs (I assume a majority was water weight) been taking in the last 4 days on average 800-1200 calories a day, with cardio and cal-esthetics as a workout routine

My wife and I have planned our Honeymoon (4 years later) in December, and I have set my Goal of 180lbs! I think its a reasonable goal with an adequate amount of time.

Oh I enjoy long walks, holding hands, playing guitar and shooting guns..

thanks!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by defoneesp
Oh I enjoy long walks, holding hands, playing guitar and shooting guns..
All at once? How do you manage that? Just kidding.

Welcome aboard, you should be able to make your goal easily. And you are absolutely right, nurses are the worst. I should know, my own mother is a nurse and Lord knows she has no concept of how to lead a healthy life. I spent the morning at her house, and I'm over my calorie budget by like 600! It could have been worse, as we parted from the soccer game she was trying to take us all out for pizza!!! And she KNOWS how hard I've had to work, she's even really supportive, but all the while she's in "feeder" mode.