Notices

Hi not so new to fitday but new to the forums

Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi not so new to fitday but new to the forums

Hi everyone. I first joined fit day in 2008 I was 195 lbs I then got down to 135 by the end of 2009 but then thought I didn't need the tracking to maintain the loss. BOY WAS I WRONG! I was up to 145 last summer and this July I cried when I discovered my weight was back to 169. So I am back logging my food and activities daily. I hope that the connections I can make on the forums will help me stay connected long term. I have never been on a forum before so I am unfamiliar with how they work. I found the rules post but no instruction for replies and posting your info on the bottom of your messages so any advice would be appreciated.
Darlene

Jan 2008=195
Nov 2009=135
July 2010=145
July 2011=169
Sept 12=163
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hi dar n, welcome back to FitDay. I hear you; I continue to use it to maintain my weight loss. It just provides so much information, and the forums are extremely supportive. Good luck to you being back logging and visiting the forums. One thing I can suggest is to check out the 7-day motivational thread in the women's corner section further down the page. It's a very active and supportive thread. We post some goals for the week, or just check in; the goals aren't mandatory.

To put your info in your signature, go to the User CP at the left side of the blue bar about a third of the way down from the top of the page. If you click on that, you will see a box at the left. Click on Edit Signature and you can type whatever you want in the box and it will show up as your signature. Hope that helped! Looking forward to seeing you around .
Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back to FitDay dar n! I tend to stray far away from my plan when I quit logging, even for a short while. It looks like Cassie covered the signature situation for ya!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums! I'm another old-timer, back from '00-'01. I, too, lost a bunch of weight and thought I could go it alone. Nope.

So, for some of us continuing to log our food/activities even after we reach our goal is going to be a very good idea.

Looks like you figured out how to use the forum, so jump right in, plenty of friendly, supportive folks here!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forums! Jump in any conversation and get to know some people. That way you are more compelled to come back for encouragement. We love to hear successes but are also here to cheer you on when you are sliding too!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone.I will go check out the motivational thread.