Greetings from Down Under

Community
Notices

Greetings from Down Under

Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Greetings from Down Under

Hi everyone,

So glad I found this fantastic site. I am a single parent of two beautiful children whom I adore. I gained weight with my first pregnancy and unfortunately haven't got rid of it. I was 63 kilos before pregnancy and got to 104.5 after the second. I'm embarrassed writing that figure down but it's the truth, that's what happened to me. I'm currently 87 kilos as I've been following a low gi diet for the past couple of months and quite happy with it. I've been googling Eat Fat Get Thin recently and wondered if any of you have tried that and had success. I want to be fit and healthy to be able to run around with my very active children instead of sitting on the park bench too tired to even push them on the swings sometimes. I hope to read alot of inspiring stories on here and feel free to view my journal. I haven't yet added my measurements but I will soon.

Have a great day all x
Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

You might be embarrassed over photos and measurements today, but you will be so glad you did once you have made just the smallest bit of progress. So get that measuring tape out right now and get it done, also TAKE A COUPLE OF "BEFORE" PHOTOS. I didn't, I just couldn't face it and now I have no idea how many inches I've lost, and the only "before" photo I have is with me facing front standing next to my husband. It's okay, but it would have been MUCH MUCH better to have front, side and back photos to compare with current ones. I think the back side of me is probably the most improved, but can't say for sure. I think the difficulty many of us face with that sort of thing is that it's absolute proof of the problem, a step out of the comfortable land of denial. Believe me once you've drop 10-12 pounds, take a couple more shots and some measurements, because that in of itself is a TON of motivation! And believe me it's difficult to stay motivated all the time, you have to grab or manufacture it every day.

And I'm totally with you on the mom factor. My kids are a great source of motivation. I want them to be healthy, and the best way to ensure that is to lead by example.