Notices

Healthy way of life

Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Healthy way of life

Hi, I am brand new here. These reason I am here is to figure out a healthier way of life. Not a diet. I recently played with my current eating habits on fit day food list and saw that I eat 85% carbs and came to the conclusion that if I change this I might actually lose weight. I would like to find some friends that can help me learn how to eat a high protein low carb menu.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome. I am really learning a lot about food. Makes all the difference.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default hello

Likewise i am here to learn how to find healthy filling alternatives to what i now consume which is high carbs and too much fat mainly stemming from mayonaise and meat(ribs, etc). its scary when you see what you are actually consuming on the pie chart. I know that protein is filling i just need some advice on what proteins i can find that are filling other than meat. Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SabrinaHamilton
its scary when you see what you are actually consuming on the pie chart.

This really sums up what FitDay is all about, in my opinion. It's about learning about nutrition and making small changes, one at a time. It can be overwhelming at first, there's so much to learn. For example, for the first 6 weeks here I just focused on the macros, now I've gotten around to fine tuning specific nutrients. The changes will come with diligence. The payoff is a better quality life, and hopefully a longer one as well.

And to all the new folks on this thread...