Notices

I want to get moving.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default I want to get moving.

Hi, staff and everyone here. I am a 41 yr female that wants to loose fat and get toned. I started excersing on 5.28.11 was weighing in at 147 lbs, now I am 140, its not a whole lot but it is a motivator for me. I found this forum through a member over at the usp lab forums which I'm also a member there too. they said this is a good place to input your daily meals and that the program will give you an estimate number back on your cal, fat, protein, carbs. But I am having difficulty using this program. Can someone help me with this? How about home cooked meals that would not show up in the food list? How would the program know how to break this down? I would greatly appreciate any other tips you guys have to offer for loosing fat. Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

7 lbs is a boatload for a start!!!!

Congratulations!

What you do is google what you are cooking and there will be calorie results there in google.

OR

You take every ingredient that you put into your cooking, and put it in custom foods.

Choose custom foods, create and fill in the blanks, and then it will be there so that next week when you cook that bean soup again, it;ll be right there for you.

It's really easy.

In terms of weight loss, shoot for a pound per week, it is a reasonable goal, attainable, and the reccommended rate of weight loss amongst the experts.

As far as losing fat, I would say to do cardio ( if you are in shape), if not, start walking, and dont stop.

Ever see a fat "bag-lady"??

Last edited by jackdup; 09-01-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Ever see a fat "bag-lady"??
Too Funny! I'm stealing that line.