FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Good Morning (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/5101-good-morning.html)

sae1234 08-30-2011 01:21 PM

Good Morning

Hi everyone, new to the site and I've decided its time to start writing down everything I eat and all my activities. Really surprised how much I consume in a day!

mecompco 08-30-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sae1234 (Post 55347)
Hi everyone, new to the site and I've decided its time to start writing down everything I eat and all my activities. Really surprised how much I consume in a day!

Welcome to FitDay!

Journaling your daily food intake and activities is probably the number one way to help change to a healthier lifestyle. It's much more difficult to make adjustments without some numbers to help quantify your decisions.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 08-30-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Really surprised how much I consume in a day!

Welcome! Tell me about it. I used to consume an entire prepared pizza which was listed at 1900 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat. Plus other things during the same day. I had no idea how much calories I should be eating, or how much saturated fat was bad.

Keeping track, along with a little education will motivate you to eat healthier.

debbily 08-30-2011 04:23 PM

New as well,,,

Quote:

Yes i was surprised as well,,its amazing how every little thing counts and we actually dont take this into account. I am new as well and am enjoying this site tremendously. I love to see my goal chart and i am facing each new day with enthusiasm and hope. Having others as support persons will be a great way to make it up this hill a lot easier. No matter what our weight, or our weight goals we are stronger if we do this together as a team. I hope that you find the strength and courage to make it to your desired goals. Have a great day.

debbily 08-30-2011 04:27 PM

Congrats!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 55353)
Welcome to FitDay!

Journaling your daily food intake and activities is probably the number one way to help change to a healthier lifestyle. It's much more difficult to make adjustments without some numbers to help quantify your decisions.

Regards,
Michael

wow you are doing incredibly well! Thanks for posting, i find this quite encouraging and inspiring to hear your story. I look forward to being here as i am very new and look forward to all of the generous support that i have found.

debbily 08-30-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 55353)
Welcome to FitDay!

Regards,
Michael

I love your quote,,"either do or do not" now thats inspiring!Thanks