FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   My first day. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/5044-my-first-day.html)

jsteelers077 08-22-2011 07:45 AM

My first day.

Hi all this my first day on the weight lose program. Lets just say i have been down this road be for. back in 2002 i had an accident and that time i weighed 200lbs. I almost lost my leg and was non weight barring for a year and a half. so after i got back on my feet my weight bloomed up to 300 lbs and i stayed that way for 3 years. i got a job doing law enforcement and my boss told me i had to lose weight or i would be fired. So i starved my self and ate salads and tuna all day and i did lose 70 pounds. i felt good but i didn't have alot of energy. So after going back to normal eating i have gotten back to 300lbs. this time aim not loosing weight for a job but i need to do this for my self and family. i have a 7 year old daughter who loves soccer and i tried to coach her a couple times but could not keep up. this time the weight is coming off and staying off i didnt want to dye from heart failure. sorry about the rant guys i just wanted to get my story out there. Here is to a new day and a new life. My starting weight is 315lbs my goal weight is 200lbs.

ripemango 08-22-2011 11:36 AM

hey steeler!
You have come to the right place. Isn't it funny how having a child makes you want to be a healthier person? It is a common theme you will find on these forums. I also want to be able to play hard with my child and keep up with her.
Here's to you for taking a positive step for yourself and your offspring.

Please check in often :)

wildbeanerz 08-23-2011 03:47 AM

Good for you for deciding to become a healthier you for yourself & for your family. I wish I had done it when my kids were still small. They are teens now though. Doing it for yourself is one of the surest ways to be successful in my book. You can't do it for other reasons because you won't be fully committed to it.

I wish you the best in your journey!

lastri 08-23-2011 04:27 AM

Hi there,
Welcome to fitday. I am glad you decided to be healthier for yourself.
Losing weight has so many benefits that I love.
1. shopping for clothes
2. like to take pictures
3. play hard with kids
4. more energy
Another cool part is that the food last very long in the fridge (since you eat so little, which save money)

Check in often, to get motivation.
Mai

VitoVino 08-23-2011 07:10 AM

Welcome jsteelers077. You've come to the right place. Take advantage of all this site has to offer. The more you do, the more successful you will be. Believe it, and believe in your goals!

sdpony 08-23-2011 12:55 PM

Hi jsteelers, it sounds to me that you have found good motivation. I am sure that will help you. Good luck.

mecompco 08-23-2011 09:07 PM

Welcome! If you're really committed, and it sounds like you are, you can shed that weight more quickly than you might think. Use FitDay religiously, keep a reasonable calorie deficit and do some form of exercise. It's worked quite well for me.

Oh, and feel free to join us over in the 100 lbs to Lose thread in the Diet Tips forum, if you like--sometimes it's nice to talk to others who are/were in the same situation you are.

Regards,
Michael