FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Hi Everyone from down here in South America (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4928-hi-everyone-down-here-south-america.html)

jackdup 08-09-2011 03:25 PM

Hi Everyone from down here in South America

Just really started to use FITDAY, today, really.
I had been keeping my food journal in a notebook, and looking up the food contents constantly.
I am 54, ànd I finally realized what "diet" is.
It seems to start with a computer and a calculator.
I am on a mission to be one of the most muscular seniors on earth.
I am 5'11" weighing in today at 198, down from 208 recently.
I live on the 7th floor of my building, so 3 times a week I climb the stairs 15 times.
I do this so that I can tell by my breathing if I am near my target heart rate.
My diet has been really clean for about 10 days or two weeks now.
I take in about 2700 calories per day 25% protein (avg)
55% Carbs, and 20% or less fats.
I work out almost every day, and usually walk for about a hour.
Besides that, I play very aggresive frisbee for several hours on Sundays.

I live a very active lifestyle, and since I do not own an automobile, I walk everywhere that I go.

I am really enjoying this webpage, I have been on it almost all day today in between working out, walking and eating.
In addition my work gives me a fairly good workout too.

cjohnson728 08-09-2011 03:32 PM

Welcome to FitDay and the FitDay forums, Jackdup. You sould like you're off to a good start. Congrats on your determination and your progress. Feel free to post in any of the forums and let us know if you have any questions!

01gt4.6 08-09-2011 04:17 PM

Welcome aboard! You do sound extremely active, I guess jackdup is fitting! :D

jackdup 08-10-2011 01:11 PM

I really am JACKed!!

Today was the second day of doing my cardio of walking up the stairs to my apartment before breakfast (to burn fat).

I walk up to the seventh floor 15 times at a pace that keeps me breathing fast, but not out of breath, it took me 38 minutes.

I did that at at around 830 this morning, then I went to the gym for leg day, did squats, leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses, calf raises and an entire shoulder workout.

Then I decided to walk to my friend's apartment across town. At a fast pace it only took me 1:10 minutes, then we swam in his pool for a bit, and I walked back home at the same pace.

Pictures to come.

Mike, those pics that you posted helped big time to motivate me.

Originally, I was watching UFC, and one class of fighters had guys my height, but weighed in at 185, and I thought "that should be how I look". By December (my 55th birthday) I'll be there

I'm jacked, and I aint goin' back!!!

01gt4.6 08-10-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by jackdup (Post 53230)
Today was the second day of doing my cardio of walking up the stairs to my apartment before breakfast (to burn fat).

I walk up to the seventh floor 15 times at a pace that keeps me breathing fast, but not out of breath, it took me 38 minutes.

I did that at at around 830 this morning, then I went to the gym for leg day, did squats, leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses, calf raises and an entire shoulder workout.

Then I decided to walk to my friend's apartment across town. At a fast pace it only took me 1:10 minutes, then we swam in his pool for a bit, and I walked back home at the same pace.

Pictures to come.

Mike, those pics that you posted helped big time to motivate me.

Originally, I was watching UFC, and one class of fighters had guys my height, but weighed in at 185, and I thought "that should be how I look". By December (my 55th birthday) I'll be there

I'm jacked, and I aint goin' back!!!

Damn that's awesome! I wish I had your energy right now.

Thanks. I'd love to be built like a UFC fighter! I can't wait for your pics.

If you don't mind me asking, are you taking anything to help boost testosterone levels to help pack on some muscle?

jackdup 08-11-2011 10:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Definitely!!
I am JACKED UP!!!
LOL

01gt4.6 08-11-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jackdup (Post 53364)
Definitely!!
I am JACKED UP!!!
LOL

Very impressive! I like the bald head too.:D