Notices

It's time for me now!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Smile It's time for me now!

Hello everyone,

I've been on fitday off and on for years now to tweak my calorie balance but I'm starting a one month focus on calorie intake. I work out regularly and recently ran a half marathon...without shedding a pound. As a parent of a special needs child I don't have a lot of time for me and have to combat lots of stress.... but with JK around the corner, I'm ready for this!

I'm looking for a support system so please keep in touch

Cheers all,

Nephtys
Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard. How much are you looking to lose?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I'm not focusing on the scale too much but I'm keeping my calories at 1800 a day to lose about 5 pounds a month.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to "meet" you. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a special needs child... I am sure I would be stressed all the time... so good job on keeping yourself together! It sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there. I just joined last week myself, and so far, am finding this site great. 5lbs a month is very doable - I'm aiming for about 8lbs a month myself, but possibly have more to lose than you. I have a healthy 9yr old boy and can't imagine the difficulties involved with raising a child with special needs, and how stressful life can be - I also realise how blessed I am that my son is healthy, but know that in raising him, I have lost myself somewhere along the way. However, this is the start of my new life..and yours!
Best of luck to you!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone! I'm really lucky in that my daughter is very high-functioning and only has mild delays...but am really excited about getting a half day off every week day to focus on me when she enters JK. It's hard to raise kids well and not sacrifice some of your own needs.

So far day 2 is going well!

Cheers Everyone,

Nepthys
Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

hi and welcome
im new here also and also have a special needs child so i know what your going threw im trying for 5 pounds a week ive done it before just get lazy im here if you need a buddy
Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome It always helps to have a friend or two to support you along the way. And you are right in making time for you ... I made that same mistake by putting myself last and finally came to realize that I was doing myself and my family a huge diservice ... we all need "me time" to help us re-charge, re-focus & rejuvenate.