Notices

new here

Old 08-05-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default new here

I'm so happy I found this site today. 5 weeks ago I decided I am sick and tired of being unhealthy and finally feel motivated to do something about it. Over the past twenty years I have been significanly heavier every time I stepped on a scale. Food is something I turn to when I'm bored, lonely, sad, happy...I love to eat. My children don't have the mom I really want to be because I am so out of shape. I desperately want to take bike rides, play soccer with my daughter, and run around with my boys. I've always encouraged activity and healthy eating with my children, but I have never modeled it. 34 days ago I started at 284.6 pounds. Today I am 265.8. With eating less, eating healthy foods, and exercise I know I will make it to my goal weight of 160lbs.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay! Comgrats on you success thus far. You may not be able to run around with them now but I bet they go for a walk with you.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome job, you are off to a fantastic start! Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you. I too get a lot of motivation from my kids, not only do I want to play with them and be a fun mom, but I want them to be raised with a healthy lifestyle so they don't have to go through this fat journey like I did. I also want to live long enough to meet, play and have fun with my grandkids.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Those are wonderful points. Thank you for the continued motivation!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there

I too am a mam with one son, and would desperately love to ride a bike with him! I am just two weeks into this new lifestyle and apart from anything else, my mood has improved dramatically. I have been like you - taking so much care of the child and forgetting about myself! But no more!

I wish you well on your journey
Old 08-10-2011, 08:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome from Jackdup!

It appears that many of us here are "jacked up" !!

Keep up the good work, and make sure that you start working out too because you dont want to lose muscle, just fat, it is extremely important.

The great thing about the internet is you can be an expert at anything just by googling and getting the facts.

I commend you on your decision to get healthy and get in shape.

Welcome