Notices

ready to lose the weight again

Old 08-05-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Smile ready to lose the weight again

Hi, I'm Bree and I'm trying to lose weight.. again
I'm really motivated and am aiming to lose 40 pounds by December.
I've been working out every day and burning 700 calories along with playing tennis. I'm slowly weening myself off large portions and have lost 5 lbs in the last week. I'm really glad I found this site because I tend to lose motivation and need all the support I can. I really want to start living life and become confident!
thanks!
--Bree
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! 40 pounds by December is doable if you get serious about it and this is the place to help you do it. If you need help or have questions, please ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-06-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Bree,I only joined this week myself and am finding it great. I have more than 40lbs to lose, but will be doing it in babysteps. I have alwaays found that when I think of the big picture, I get really overwhelmed and reach for the bread instead. The very best of luck to you
Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Great! Congradulations on setting a goal. I am a firm beleiver in setting goals and working hard to acheive them

You say one of your biggest issues is staying motivated. If you struggle to stay motivated, can I suggest that you really dig deep to outline why you want to lose the weight. Write it out, and spell out all its deep and all its shollow meaning to you.

BUT, there's a flip side to motivation, that's even more important. I hate to say it but, just as its hard to change anything in our lives, its hard to change our habits. So, what's been helpful to me, is to come to terms with what I am willing to sacrifice in order to acheive my goal. Of course, giving up bad habits (if you have them) is something we should all do, but its natural to feel like we shouldn't have to. These sacrifices (and the feelings they bring-out of us) are the emotional part of the puzzel with weight loss. Of course, I don't know you. I don't know if this is your issue but I thought I'd share it case it was helpful to you.

Good luck and wishing you strong motivation.

Last edited by stamatiaa; 08-07-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Bree and welcome, think of it as making a life change instead of dieting. What helps to keep me motivated is I make mini goals for week and drink tons of water which tends to fill me up and I keep lost of fruit around to snack on. This is a life changing journey