Notices

New and w/Hypothyroidism

Old 07-27-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default New and w/Hypothyroidism

Hi, pretty active girl who just turned 40. Can't seem to loose weight unless I fast and then there could be some trouble with that. LOL. Anyways. I'm trying to figure out how to add an activity. Like pilates. Can anyone help me with that?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Paleo

As a suggestion you should take a look at marksdailyapple.com
There is a lot of information about eating paleo as well as other ways to exercise.
I have been on this for about 3 weeks now and have found it to be the best lifestyle change.
Hypothyroidism is discussed a lot and people with this condition and many others are finding a paleo lifestyle helps a great deal.
All the best
Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by iSpiritDancer
Hi, pretty active girl who just turned 40. Can't seem to loose weight unless I fast and then there could be some trouble with that. LOL. Anyways. I'm trying to figure out how to add an activity. Like pilates. Can anyone help me with that?
Welcome!

FitDay has no facility, at present, to add a custom activity. The best bet is to find something "similar" and go with it.

You sure can lose weight fasting (I've done a couple 30 day water fasts in the distant past) but I find that I can lose about as fast keeping a reasonable daily calorie deficit and doing some moderate exercise. And, it's a whole lot more sustainable way to live (as of course, if you continue to fast, you will eventually die).

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-30-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
You sure can lose weight fasting (I've done a couple 30 day water fasts in the distant past) but I find that I can lose about as fast keeping a reasonable daily calorie deficit and doing some moderate exercise.

I've seen this as well, except my longest water fast was about 10 days.

The other thing is, while fasting you have NO ENERGY for exercise so you're not maintaining your training. If you can lose weight almost as fast by exercising, I think that's a plus.

But still, there are certain health benefits to fasting, and fasting for fasting sake alone.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi folks, thanks for the advice. I am going to have to look intomarksdailyapple.com/

Thanks!