Notices

Hello Fellow Fitsters

Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello Fellow Fitsters

My name is Lonna and I am back to Fit Day after many years. I had dropped about 50 lbs back in 2004 and have slowly gained that excess weight back again. I have undergone 2 shoulder surgeries since 2009 and have had 2 vertebrae rebuilt in my neck, so excercise has been difficult and I don't always feel so great. The goals I am setting for myself are simple: eat better, drink more water, and move more. I don't own a scale, so I don't know what I weigh on a daily basis, but know from Dr. appts that I am about 200lbs. I wear the same clothes I have worn for a good 5 years, but would love to get back in to those awesome Lucky jeans I still have in my closet! So maybe that will be my long term goal. For now, I will be more conscious of my choices, track my food and take a walk every day.

Slow, steady and accountable. That's what I need. Glad you are all here to help me stay on track.

Thank you!!

Last edited by lgn1151; 07-27-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, or should I say welcome back? Anyway congratulations on taking the first step. Sorry to hear that you're bionic, I'm the same only it's my knees that have been rebuilt, although I suppose there is shoulder work in my future. I'm sure that as you start to lighten up you can find some form of exercise that agrees with you. That's a conversation you should probably have with your physical therapist. Anyway glad to have you aboard.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lonna take a look into Ti-Chi classes in your area. Do your research I think you will find it is what you are looking for in a starting exercise program.