FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Good News, Not so Good News (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4785-good-news-not-so-good-news.html)

crblack1218 07-20-2011 08:31 AM

Good News, Not so Good News

I was very committed to weight loss for about 5 or 6 months and lost about 23 lbs. However, I sort of fell off the wagon. That's the NOT so good news. The good news is that during that time I maintained - maybe lost 2 lbs over about 6 weeks, so yeah...I was not that dedicated.

The good news is that I am back and I need to have someone looking for me on here every day, asking how I did the day before and making sure I am on track. I missed making a real connection with anyone and so when I dropped out of sight, I guess no one noticed. :( My fault for not finding a buddy.

I am now 187 and need to lose another 38 lb. I am 42, mom of 3, and a math teacher.

Let me know if your story is similar to mine, and you want to join forces.

Thanks,
Christy

cjohnson728 07-20-2011 08:51 AM

Hi Christy, welcome back! You may want to hop over and check out the motivational thread in the Women's Corner section. There is a group that checks in daily, sets goals, and encourages each other; that might be a good addition to having a buddy here!

Newlee11 07-20-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 51511)
Hi Christy, welcome back! You may want to hop over and check out the motivational thread in the Women's Corner section. There is a group that checks in daily, sets goals, and encourages each other; that might be a good addition to having a buddy here!

Hey that's good advice for me too. I hadn't gone there yet because there is so much good stuff here.... and I didn't want to leave out any of the wisdom I can learn from the men.

But I'm new here and committed so I can help hold you accountable. (I say that and I'm about to go out of town for a few days, but when I get back I'll look for you!)

Lee

cjohnson728 07-20-2011 05:47 PM

We have at least one guy who jumps in on that thread regularly! It makes it all the more fun :). It's a very active thread; you won't be missing out! Come join us!

crblack1218 07-21-2011 10:29 AM

Thank you, Cassie and Lee!!! Doing well today, I am trying to stay around 1500 cals per day and try to keep about 1/3 each protein, carbs and fat. I did eat a cup of angel hair pasta ... but since I grew and picked the tomatoes and made the sauce myself, also the garlic and herbs that went in, I felt it was OK to have that with my sauce! I still have not sold my family on the whole wheat pasta. I will check out the Women's corner, thanks for the tip, Cassie! Lee, have a safe trip. I am getting ready to go on a trip myself but will look for you when you come back!

-Christy

Newlee11 07-25-2011 09:01 AM

I'm back, crblack, are you?