Notices

New and looking for an accountability partner

Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default New and looking for an accountability partner

Hi all! I am new to this forum but definitely not new to the struggle of trying to lose weight. I have been semi successful in the past but have always gained back whatever I lost.

Now at 275 pounds, I am bigger than I've ever been but also more determined than ever to change what I am eating and to change my entire lifestyle to become healthier and happier.

I am looking for an accountability partner(s) who are just as determined as me to begin living healthier and more actively. I live in Washington and ride horses so if you are someone who can relate to walking in the rain, chafed thighs and/or want to literally get back in the saddle again I would love to get to know you.

xoxo
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, ChubbyBunny! Good to have you aboard. We're all pretty good at keeping each other honest around here, so this is an excellent beginning to your journey. We have a weekly motivational thread over in the women's forum that has been really helpful to me, if you want to jump in!

Best of luck!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the site ChubbyBunny! We all are (or have been) where you are now. A lot of users post in the women's support forum on a thread each week with goals to keep you going all week. There is also the 100+ lbs to lose thread. Look around and jump in where ever you feel comfortable!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ChubbyBunny. I have known about this site for years and used it for brief periods of time. I was just using it to keep track of my food, but I always failed to keep it up. I think I have finally gotten out of my own way and I joined back up this time looking for accountability the same way you are. I have my wife for some accountability, but the more the merrier. Since you and I are just getting going, we will be in the same boat. My goals are to eat right and exercise and log into fitday every day to track my progress and be held accountable. I don't know how many people do this, but I will shoot you a friend request and you will be able to view my food logs and activity logs. If I'm going to be accountable, you have to know what I'm doing, right? Anyone else who is interested, let us know.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can't friend you

ChubbyBunny,
I tried to friend request you but I couldn't. I did some recon and found that in order for me to be able to friend request you (or anyone) your journal has to be set to at least "Allow Friends" to be able to view your journal (food log, activity log, etc.) Once you've made that change, friend request me.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Frank,
I will change my setting just as soon as I figure out how

Sounds like you and I have the same goals, especially the logging on and journaling EVERY day!

-Courtney
Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Courtney,
If you haven't been able to find it yet: click on your profile, scroll down to "Public Settings Page" (blue link), click on make my journal public, you can then specify logs to make public. You can also set them where just your friends can view them. Hope this helps.