Notices

Hello everyone!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello everyone!!!

Hi there
My name's Jaq, I live in Devon, England and i'm on a mission to become healthier
I hit 40(ish) and decided i needed a challenge in my life to find my mojo so I decided to sign up for a charity bike ride. In 2012 I will be cycling from Vietnam to Cambodia for the British Heart Foundation covering 427km in 5 days - quite an ask for a big bird! However, i have 17 months to get myself fit and healthy as i am determined to become a lycra-clad goddess!!
I'm currently following a low-carb regime but i'm not cutting carbs out completely. I am still eating brown rice and but not bread, potatoes or pasta. I have been following the lifestyle for a couple of weeks and I am starting to feel much better in myself.
So, here i am hoping to be part of a community of people who are here to support each other rather than sabotage each others changes (why do some family members do that?)
I have started a blog as well (see my below link) to show my ups and downs of trying to improve my lifestyle and raise money for the challenge ahead. I am soooooo excited about this challenge but i'm cacking myself as well.
Here's hoping to be chatting to you all regularly
Jaq
Old 07-11-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

welcome groo. that bike trip will be 1 amazing adventure. there are bikers on the exercise board here. best of luck in your journey!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

What a neat thing to do Jaq! Welcome and stick with it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like quite an adventure you will be on! Congrats on working towards the healthier you!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you everyone. I'm looking forward to chatting to you all over the coming months