FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Hi Community (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4683-hi-community.html)

Newlee11 07-10-2011 10:02 AM

Hi Community

Hello everyone.

A few years ago I got serious and lost 50 pounds in 7 months. I could have lost another 20 but I felt great and I'm a stress eater and we were moving so.... Slowly 20 pounds have crept back on. I want to lose them and this time finish the job.

I've been hearing in the news that quitting soda (even calorie-free) and keeping a journal have been shown to help so those are the first two steps I've taken. Looking for an on-line journal is what brought me here.

BTW I won't be able to lose it the way I lost it the last time. I was running then and now my feet are torn up. I'll be reading all of your posts for more good ideas to implement. I hope to be successful and get to know and encourage others.

Thanks.

01gt4.6 07-10-2011 10:43 AM

Welcome to FitDay. I try not to drink anything but water. What's wrong with your feet?

superlencia 07-10-2011 12:48 PM

wish i had an answer for u

wish i had an answer for how to lose the weight. i struggle daily. every single dad gum morning i get up and start again. by breakfast im struggling again. i lost 40 lbs in 2003 and gained it back in 2008 when i changed jobs twice. now i'm almost over 200 lbs again. so freaking depressing. and i really, really hate it when i see other people who eat like crazy and are a normal weight. arrgghh!!!! i truly, truly hate it!! i hate my body. i hate my freaking mind that can't overcome this struggle. it's just not freaking fair. i've tried everything. u name it, i've done it. last time i did weight watchers and lost 10 lbs. that was it! in months and months!! if i had all the money and time i've invested in weight loss, i'd be rich!! i just want to say f-it and stop worrying about it. my husband is very athletic and i can't just f-it for his sake. dang! i need help.

Newlee11 07-10-2011 11:28 PM

Thanks for the welcome. One problem is heel spurs that keep me from being able to wear a shoe with a heel counter (the back part). The other problem is that my second metatarsal bone is longer than the first which is quite common but it's just worn my pad out I guess so even with corrective supports it's a bit like walking on marbles. The nerve is damaged there as well. I trying to learn to love biking instead but I don't love it so far.

Great work and I think progress pics are a good idea!

wildbeanerz 07-11-2011 02:48 AM

Welcome! Congrats on the decision to find the healthier you! You have come to a great place for support and encouragement. If you are anything like me, you will come to love that part. I thrive on encouragement!

Newlee11 07-11-2011 05:47 AM

Thanks wildbean

Looks like you are making good progress. Keep it up.

How do you make a signature line here so that you can put your stats. :confused:

Everyone has it figured out but me....

PS. I've got a teenager too. That's a whole other forum I'm sure... and the stress eating that goes with it!

cjohnson728 07-11-2011 05:56 AM

Newlee, look at the blue bar about a third of the way down the screen; click on User CP all the way on the left, then look over to the left side of that screen. Click on Edit Signature and you can do a custom sig there. Welcome to FitDay!

Newlee11 07-11-2011 07:42 AM

Thanks cj

I did it!! I appreciate the information. Thanks for the help.

(Sorry Cassie, Didn't realize you put your name there and just grabbed the cj from your user name.)

wildbeanerz 07-11-2011 08:09 AM

Yay! You got it! ... Teens! Ughhh. LOL There is an off topic forum here if you ever want to talk about them. I'm sure we could all compare notes. :)