FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Accountability! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4561-accountability.html)

christopher.ackman 06-25-2011 02:34 AM

Accountability!

Hello Fit Day Community,
Like everyone else I just need to make a change and a very large part of that is accountability. I look forward to reading your stories of success and sharing mine as well. Regards...

mecompco 06-25-2011 03:18 AM

Well, Christopher, FitDay is the only thing that has really worked for me.

If you come up with an eating/exercise plan that you can stick with and that gives you a decent daily calorie deficit (personally, I try to stay fairly close to 1500 calories (though my average is around 1600 these days) and a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix (on a daily basis)) and log everything into FitDay accurately and faithfully I guarantee you'll lose weight.

But, like anything in life, what you get out of FitDay is directly proportional to what you put into it. Commitment is the key! If there's anything we can do to help you, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael

christopher.ackman 06-26-2011 09:40 PM

Thanks Michael! I am going to spend this week tying to ear somewhat normal to get a base line of my average calorie intake then I will start cutting stuff out....I already know one of my issues is mindless snacking during work and after dinner...and i have not hit the gym in weeks. Time to get motivated. Thanks again Mike!

RunbikeSki 06-27-2011 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by christopher.ackman (Post 49383)
Thanks Michael! I am going to spend this week tying to ear somewhat normal to get a base line of my average calorie intake then I will start cutting stuff out....I already know one of my issues is mindless snacking during work and after dinner...and i have not hit the gym in weeks. Time to get motivated. Thanks again Mike!

Hi Christopher,
It looks like you have a great plan of attack here. Lots of people seem to jump in with both feet before they do a little self analysis to understand where their strengths and weaknesses are, and then wonder why they aren't making as much progress as they would like.

Great idea to start with just looking at your current eating patterns before trying to begin a new eating plan.

I'd wish you luck, but you probably already know that "luck" really doesn't have much to do with success - it's all about sticking with it!

christopher.ackman 06-29-2011 06:21 AM

Thanks Pam! You are correct that this is definitely a daily battle in which luck has nothing to do with....seems daunting to think of this as a daily choice and I only have to make the right/smart choice EVERY TIME I put something in my mouth! If I can make the right choice 90 times out of 100 I should be ok...I hope.

So I notice your tag is Run Bike Ski....any chance you have ideas for a training program that combines Running (treadmill) and cycling (indoor trainer and outdoor) and kettlebells? I want to train for a century without solely focuses on the bike. Thanks!

RunbikeSki 06-30-2011 08:44 AM

I'm mostly a trail runner. I'm afraid that if I had to rely solely on a treadmill (dreadmill as others have named it), I wouldn't be much of a runner. But why don't you jump over the exercise section and ask the question. I suspect you will find quite a bit of experience there.