Notices

Hello everyone newbe

Old 06-20-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Angry Hello everyone newbe

High all, been logging food intake for two week now. I'm not understanding what my calorie intake should be to maintain my weight or when i input my food where does these % rates come from. WHat is the cals per day total to determine the %, so for example if i eat 1700 cal a day where does it calculate the % from it comes up with 27%protien, 8%carb,70%fat ???????? Out of what amount per day calorie is this coming from??? How is it calculated the total cals needed? Thanks Bob new to this
Old 06-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Helga203, welcome to FitDay!

Have you been putting your food in as custom or is all of it going in by choosing from the list?

What exactly did you log for that specific day? It would be helpful to see so we could better answer your question.

Do you log your sleep and exercise? Your BMR is how you would best estimate you daily caloric needs.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by helga203
High all, been logging food intake for two week now. I'm not understanding what my calorie intake should be to maintain my weight ?
The calories required to maintain your weight comes from your Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) Fitday calculates this when you enter your height, weight, age and activity level when you set up your account. If you haven't done this yet you will want to.

The percentage of calories from protein, carbs, etc.. come from the foods you eat. If you have been using foods from the search or browse then the breakdown of the protein, carbs and fat grams are show to the right of the quantities. Fitday uses these numbers to calculate the percentages. Vitamins and minerals are calculated againts the RDA (US Recommended Daily Allowances) for a 2000 calorie/day diet.