Community
Notices

Here we go!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Question Here we go!

I have been on fit day for a while and I am working out regularly, but having really slow but steady progress. I wish I could figure out how to move things along a bit faster. Any ideas?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Slow and steady is good! You probably put it on slowly and taking it off is the same way. Be proud of your progress.

You could try some little things like doing more exercise like a 30-minute walk during the day to burn calories. Or you could look at your food log and see if you can cut about 100 calories from each day. Be careful with that. If I get too low, I am more inclined to binge and blow up all my hard work.

Do you do weights? Some say that adding weights will kick-start the weight loss.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Slow but steady is my way too. Sure I had some large drops in the beginning but I am sure that alot of that was water. I even have 3-4 week periods where I don't drop any and then BAM! another 5lbs goes away. Right now I have been the same for three weeks but my clothes keep fitting better and my body seems tighter so I think I am changing in ways other than the scale can show me and I am fine with that too.

You can do it! Just keep doing what you are doing to keep the pace you have or like rmdaly said...mix it up a bit and see what works better. At least you are headed in the right direction now.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kriskz
I have been on fit day for a while and I am working out regularly, but having really slow but steady progress. I wish I could figure out how to move things along a bit faster. Any ideas?
It depends on your stats, how long and hard you have been dieting, how much exercise you are doing, and what you are eating. Without knowing any of that, no valid advice can be given and it would be irresponsible to try.

You may need a refeed, a diet break, more exercise, less exercise- it's impossible to know with the information you gave. If you can give us more info on your situation, I'm sure we can come up with some ideas!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kriskz
Faster isn't necessarily better. A big part of what you are doing right now is retraining your habits for the rest of your life. And that, frankly, takes time. I am sure you have read many times about people who did some starvation-type diet, lost a ton only to put it all (and usually more!) back on again. You don't want to be that person

You can try mixing it up, or adding a little more activity, or carefully analyzing your consumption to see where you could cut out a few more calories. But if you are in the 4 to 8 lb per month range, you are probably doing all the right things now.