FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   hey guys and gals! (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4506-hey-guys-gals.html)

kilazmo 06-15-2011 05:46 PM

hey guys and gals!

Hi! My name is Cyd and I am a half-noob. I used to use fit day a few years ago and kind of gave up. Now that I have gained even MORE weight than I was then, I am back to tracking what I eat, how much I exercise, etc.

I am very sensitive about my weight, because I grew up very skinny and fit. Once I got to college, it all went downhill. I went from 120 lbs in 2003 to 195 lbs 7 years later... :(

I'm ready to get back to my cute pre-college body, despite my love for couch potato-ing, video games, alcohol, and food food food (all factors in my fast weight gain)!!! I do not believe in "diets" because I am stubborn and tend to rebel against myself. I just plan on moderating my portions better, not eating bad things AS OFTEN, and have started the couch to 5k plan (it's amazing!) last week. I even bought new running shoes! :)

I am very, very out of shape and the couch to 5k plan is already kicking my a$$.. but I am finally determined! My loving boyfriend is helpful and doing it with me, but he is super skinny and can eat whatever he wants (not fair!!!!). So, despite his support, I have come here for support from people who know what it's like to be out of shape, overweight, and determined to get healthier!!

:D

mecompco 06-16-2011 12:32 AM

Cyd, welcome! Good for you avoiding "diets"--they've never worked in the long run for me, either. A healthy eating plan that maintains a decent calorie deficit while keeping you satisfied and meeting your nutritional needs (perhaps with the help of vitamis/supplements if needed) and some modest exercise is the answer IMHO.

Regards,
Michael

rmdaly 06-16-2011 09:29 PM

Good for you for starting the Couch to 5K program. A lot of people have good things to say in this forum about that.

I have always found that when I exercise, I feel better about myself and in turn I want to eat better so it is easier. I hope you experience this too.

Good luck and I hope you get hooked on running.