Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hi,
I was surfing the web & found myself here. So I decided what the heck! I have been a yo-yo loser all my life. As I have aged, losing has been more difficult, esp. since my hip replacement in 2009 & knee replacement in 2010. Before that arthritis in my knees & back problems also made losing weight a huge challenge. Then last year I quit smoking cigarettes.....March 29th marked 1 year!!!! Along with that came another 20 lbs!! The last time I lost a significant amount of weight was in 2000......I lost 70 lbs on the Atkins Diet. Eventually it all came back. I have thought about the lap band but really don't want another surgery. Anyway, I'm here so we'll see where that takes me!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Penny, welcome.

Congrats on kicking the tobacco habit--well done!

Now, find an eating plan that gives you a decent daily calorie deficit but is enough food to keep you "full". Drink a bunch of water, do "some sort" of exercise every day and log everything in FitDay without fail.

That's what I do and it's worked pretty darned well.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

People ask me all the time about my weight loss surgery. Only problem in answering is that I didn't have weight loss surgery, I did it on my own with diet and exercise. And if I can do this, so can you. Congrats on giving up the cigarettes, next to that losing weight should be a walk in the park.