hi my name is ....and im adicted to food..aaf meeting over here

Notices

hi my name is ....and im adicted to food..aaf meeting over here

Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Question hi my name is ....and im adicted to food..aaf meeting over here

hello im laura,

And im adicted to food....ok yea that was my haha funny truth
i have gone from one end of the eating disorder to the other i was anirexic as a teen.... then some how i got my self eating and now i cant stop .... so i need alot of help...i have to find that balance i went from 85lbs to 200lb in 4yr... had a baby in that time she got me eating ...sorry im babbling

ok not sure whAt im sapose to say on here just know i need help

so current wieght 198
goal 150 by dec
total goal 125
wow total i want to lose is 75 never thought i would let myself get this way
.....i just want to do this right
Old 05-26-2011, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome. As with any true addiction, knowing you have a problem is a big first step. So if you are truly addicted to eating/food, then you are past that first hurdle. I recommend tracking everything - food, activities, moods, body measurements, etc. This will give you a very tangible record to look back on to see your improvement times and your not so good times too so you can adjust what you are currently doing accordingly. Posting on this forum helps alot too. There are lots more knowledgeable people here than me and they are always so willing to help.

Good luck in your goal of a healthier you!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a food addict too. Recently I've discovered that I can keep the cravings down by avoiding grains in the morning. It doesn't fix everything, but it helps. So you might try zeroing in on the foods that cause issues for you.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Overeaters Anonymous

There has been some kidding about 12 step language, and that's fine, it can be easily parodied, and people should have fun. But, I also want to remind people that the 12 step programs are powerful successful tools. Just want to be sure people know this resource exists.

Abby
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default i think im going to be bald brfore this is over

i am tring so hard to eat right ....im struggling with my eattin my past thoughts are like dont eat you will lose ...... i thought i had worked thru this now that im overweight there back....so im fighting to eat but alsso fighting to eat right
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

i was not making fun of it... in a bad way my dad did great in a AAA class so i repect the process
Old 05-31-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't mean to be thin skinned - just wanted to be sure that people know the resources out there. Food addiction is different from all the others, because abstinance isn't really an option!

Abby
Old 05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Just take it in baby steps dragonfly. I have to work at it every day, it's gotten a little easier, but just when I think I have it figured out, I get a new bad habit that I have to identify and resolve. It's okay to not do everything perfectly right everyday, that's where learning to forgive yourself comes in handy.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Laura, I am definitely addicted to food too so I can totally relate. I think it's a great idea to share your experiences here and to draw inspiration from the members who have had success, like Almeeker.

I know that when I avoid grains in the morning, it helps a lot with my cravings. In fact, when I cut sugar, bread and pasta out completely it helps enormously! I am definitely a carb addict and I turn to food in times of stress. I really really really want to figure out how to deal with life without depending on food to get me through the rough times. I would also like to end this vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting.

Okay that is my rant for today... I gotta get back to work but I think we can all use this forum to share our struggles and help each other out! Best of luck to everyone today!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 06-01-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default didn't think i'd EVER be like this

i have always been on the smaller size. that is until i got divorced and had a brain anuerysm. my life started to take turn when my husband of 21 years and i split. then in feb. of 2010 i had brain surgery to repair a ruptured anuerysm. was out of work for 4 months and gained over 50 lbs. i recently decided that i'm tired of not having the energy to do anything and wanting to sit in my own little cave. i'm not even 40 yet (close but can still say i'm in my thirties) and feel 20 years older. Psst. no good. i want to live long enough to see my sons get married and have kids. i refuse to walk down the same path my mother has.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.