New and could use help... >

New and could use help...

Community
Notices

New and could use help...

Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default New and could use help...

I'm new to fitday, and honestly I have no idea where to begin my weight loss journey. I went into my doctor frustrated about my weight. She recommended this site to me, so here I am. I've always been kind of over weight my entire life. The December 1, 2009 I found out I was pregnant. Pre-pregnancy I was 185lb which was on the high side for me. When I gave birth I was 220lb. I lost 20lbs right away... then gained it all back plus some. I am now around 250lbs. I am planning on getting married May 5, 2012. My fiance is fit and active, and I feel left behind because I can't run 5 miles with him in the morning, after I get down the street I feel like I'm about to die. I want to walk down the aisle looking beautiful. Ideally I want to be around 150lbs by my big day... but really the weight and size doesn't bother me. As long as I feel and look beautiful, and am on my way to a healthy lifestyle(But of course to see 150 or less on the scale would be AWESOME!).
Old 05-22-2011, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there. It is my 1st day too. Like you I was 180 pre-pregnancy and 222 at birth of my 1st daughter. Last year I weighed in at 240 and so mad at myself. I did WW and didn't have much success. I started watching my calories and am now down to 210 (4 months). I do it in 10 lb goals. I don't give myself a time frame though. I am really excited for them to create the app as I can only log in here in the evenings. Until then I use the myfitnesspal app. Love it! Starting tomorrow I will start exercising. Friends recommended "couch to 5K". Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan
You can do it!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

A lot of people on this site have written good things about the Couch to 5K program. If your sweetie is a runner, you might sign both of you up for a 5K and do the program to train for it. I bet once you start running, you will want to eat better and the weight loss will begin.

Many people when they start running, run too fast. If you can't hold a conversation, you are running too fast. Slow down. You might feel like you are just plodding, but thats okay. If you can't slow yourself down, try a run-walk combination.

Good luck.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

80% of weight loss comes from eating. Calories in, calories out. Track your calories through Fitday according to what is recommended. I have lost 10 lbs since May 1st, and my friend has lost 25. We exercise 3 times a week! Be encouranged, it will happen!