Community
Notices

Newbie here =)

Old 05-21-2011, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie here =)

Hi everyone. Let's see, where to start?

My name is Hina. I'm 28 and most of my life I've been a yo-yo dieter. I finally got on track last year. I was doing pretty good for a while early last year. I was about 15 pounds overweight and was making progress in losing that weight. I was doing that by going to the gym regularly and counting every calorie I ate. Then in December I got a new job where I was sitting 12 to 13 hours a day and eating the food my firm was giving me (which consisted of things like macaroni & cheese, fried chicken, hamburgers, etc) and now I'm way off track. I managed to gain 20 pounds in 6 months.

It's tough to get back on track. My excuse to not exercise these last few months is that I've been at work all day and I'm tired. I've been eating whatever has been most convenient. But I'm trying to change that. I've recently been planning all my meals ahead of time and I've been trying to exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day with no excuses. My main goal is not to count calories. I just want to change my habits and be able to recognize by training myself what foods to eat and how much to eat. But it's definitely tough.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay. No excuses and planning ahead are crucial!