Notices

Newbie here!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie here!

Started fitday halfheartedly late last year, but have recently been diligent in checking in almost everyday and listing my weight and foods for each day. I started at 253 and am now down to 237. My goal is 120. I have been trying to stick to about 1000 calories a day with less than 50% carbs. I get very little excercise because multiple back problems. I am 41 yo and have been overweight (technically obese) since about 2003, after my last surgery in 11/02. Multiple medications had pretty severe side effects of slowing my metabolism and simply making me gain weight. I have not bought any new clothes in 4 years, as I refuse to buy even 1 more size XXL or 22 item! When I hit my goal, only then will I buy a new wardrobe, size 7 hopefully!
Hello to all!

Last edited by jen28f; 05-16-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay! There are a couple great threads going on for those looking to lose 100+ pounds. Good luck, if you have any questions, just ask.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard and congratulations on making the decision to become a loser. If you need a little encouragement, I started at just slightly less than you, 244.6 and have the same goal weight (so I'm guessing you are short?). I was also 41 when I started on fitday, although have since celebrated a birthday. As far as health goes, I'm an asthmatic with bad knees, very bad knees, and like you I take a fist full of meds, although to my knowledge none of them hinder my metabolism. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I've been in your shoes and fitday has been a really great tool for me to lose weight, and if I can do this, so can you.