FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   I'm new and need a weight loss buddy (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4268-im-new-need-weight-loss-buddy.html)

maryjanean3 05-13-2011 01:53 AM

I'm new and need a weight loss buddy

Hi, My name is Mary Janean and I am trying to lose 75 lbs. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with similar stats....5ft 1in, 207lbs. I would love to have someone to talk to that knows where I'm coming from..thanks! :)

kajajo 05-13-2011 04:01 AM

First of all welcome, I am not in the same range as you but that shouldn't matter, we are all on the same journey and the more you post or reply to posts the more friends you will make who can relate to what you are going through. Good luck and come back often.

mecompco 05-13-2011 10:05 PM

Mary, welcome!

There are people here in all stages of their fitness quest. Read through some of the subforums and jump right in--most folks here are happy to help!

Regards,
Michael

[email protected] 05-14-2011 12:43 PM

5'4" 225 start 4/21 now 219. Goal 90# figure .2 # day. Weighing daily, which I have heard not to do, is really helping me stay on track. Also trying to track everything I eat. Snacking is a bad habit I need to overcome. Trying to eat healthier. Age 68. Play water volleyball for exercise, cause I hate to sweat.

Elizabethgem 05-15-2011 12:06 PM

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I am new to Fitday too - 2 weeks in. I am 48 years old, 5' 4" and was 207 pounds when I started. I am down to 201. Along with Fitday, I am seeing a nutritionist who is helping me plan menus and keeping me on track. I am having difficulty getting exercise in and have even bought an elliptical machine! I do not like exercise and that is one of my big problems. My neice is getting married in October and I hope to lose weight for the wedding.

jetgemini 05-16-2011 05:35 AM

Hi I am Jane and I have been on Atkins induction for two weeks and lost 11 pounds, however now i have been on a plateau at 158.8 for a week. I am still on induction but not much more loss. I decided to join in here and post my foods and weight loss as well as exercise to hold myself accountable. Reading our posts is very encouraging and I will visit this one daily good luck to all.

almeeker 05-17-2011 05:15 AM

Hi, my name is Amy and I started out ever so slightly taller than you at 5'-1 7/8", but a lot heavier 244.6lbs 10/09. I know right where you're standing, I've been in those shoes. I think the best advice I can offer is to learn to forgive yourself for those days that do not go according to plan, and get up every morning with the will to continue on this journey. It's not easy, but then again neither is being overweight.

Esofia 05-17-2011 06:55 AM

Hi and welcome! I've been trying to lose weight for a month, and on FitDay for three weeks. The software is good and the forums are really friendly and helpful. I've not got as much weight to lose as you, 30lb or so, but I'm even shorter at 4'11. I know what it's like to look at recommended amounts of nutrients designed for people much taller than us, and to have to work out something entirely different.

MissTammi 05-17-2011 12:11 PM

Hi! I'm new too and would like to be your weight loss buddy! My name is Tammi and I need to lose 50 pounds. Wanna do it together?:)

MissTammi 05-17-2011 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by maryjanean3 (Post 46303)
Hi, My name is Mary Janean and I am trying to lose 75 lbs. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with similar stats....5ft 1in, 207lbs. I would love to have someone to talk to that knows where I'm coming from..thanks! :)

Hi I'm Tammi. I am trying to lose 50 pounds. Wanna do it together?