FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Hello all...am I doing this right? (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4240-hello-all-am-i-doing-right.html)

Lose_to_fight 05-09-2011 10:22 AM

Hello all...am I doing this right?

Hi everyone,

I just started using fitday after falling away from Weightwatchers, I was losing minimal amounts of weight and paying 'too much per pound' so I moved on. I am now here and trying to figure out what I need to do nutrition-wise but lose my weight efficiently.

I am starting at 340 on the dot, my goal is 280 by my October 15, 2011 wedding, I know it sounds like a lot but do to my build (short and stocky) and my experiences in losing weight in the past I feel this is completely doable and damnit I'll die trying!

Basically, I am doing a high protein-low carb-lower fat split but I can't seem to get enough protein in for what I am 'goaling' for. I am utilizing intense workout with my dieting and want to make sure I am feeding my body enough to recover. Up to 5 days a week I work out a mixed martial arts gym and spar (fight) for up to an hour as well as doing calisthenics and the like for 30 mins to an hour. I feel that this kind of workout as well as the beating my body is taking requires heavy protein supplementation, but I cannot seem to get it all in.

Someone, anyone, am I doing this right?

Thanks,
Tim

mecompco 05-09-2011 12:16 PM

Tim, welcome!

You should have no trouble dumping 60 pounds in five months with that kind of exercise!

What calorie deficit are you shooting for? The 1500 more-or-less level worked pretty well for me. I try for a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix but a bit lower in carbs certainly wouldn't hurt.

At that level and at your weight I'd say you could easily average 3-4 lbs a week loss.

Feel free to join us in the 100+ to lose thread in Diet Tips if you'd like. And don't hesitate to ask if there's anything we can do to help you.

Regards,
Michael

Lose_to_fight 05-09-2011 12:42 PM

Lose_to_fight - free online diet and fitness journal

This is my journal btw. Any pointers would be great! Thanks for the warm welcome

almeeker 05-09-2011 04:46 PM

Are you getting enough water? The journal says 1.8 oz, I hope that's supposed to be 118 oz.

Lose_to_fight 05-10-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 45963)
Are you getting enough water? The journal says 1.8 oz, I hope that's supposed to be 118 oz.

I drink way more water than that sometimes Im just crappy about charting it. I drink 3 to 4 quarts while Im at work and probably almost another gallon before/during/after the gym.