Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Hello all...am I doing this right? >

Hello all...am I doing this right?

Community
Notices

Hello all...am I doing this right?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
FitDay Member

Question Hello all...am I doing this right?

Hi everyone,

I just started using fitday after falling away from Weightwatchers, I was losing minimal amounts of weight and paying 'too much per pound' so I moved on. I am now here and trying to figure out what I need to do nutrition-wise but lose my weight efficiently.

I am starting at 340 on the dot, my goal is 280 by my October 15, 2011 wedding, I know it sounds like a lot but do to my build (short and stocky) and my experiences in losing weight in the past I feel this is completely doable and damnit I'll die trying!

Basically, I am doing a high protein-low carb-lower fat split but I can't seem to get enough protein in for what I am 'goaling' for. I am utilizing intense workout with my dieting and want to make sure I am feeding my body enough to recover. Up to 5 days a week I work out a mixed martial arts gym and spar (fight) for up to an hour as well as doing calisthenics and the like for 30 mins to an hour. I feel that this kind of workout as well as the beating my body is taking requires heavy protein supplementation, but I cannot seem to get it all in.

Someone, anyone, am I doing this right?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Tim, welcome!

You should have no trouble dumping 60 pounds in five months with that kind of exercise!

What calorie deficit are you shooting for? The 1500 more-or-less level worked pretty well for me. I try for a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix but a bit lower in carbs certainly wouldn't hurt.

At that level and at your weight I'd say you could easily average 3-4 lbs a week loss.

Feel free to join us in the 100+ to lose thread in Diet Tips if you'd like. And don't hesitate to ask if there's anything we can do to help you.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-09-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Lose_to_fight - free online diet and fitness journal

This is my journal btw. Any pointers would be great! Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Are you getting enough water? The journal says 1.8 oz, I hope that's supposed to be 118 oz.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Are you getting enough water? The journal says 1.8 oz, I hope that's supposed to be 118 oz.
I drink way more water than that sometimes Im just crappy about charting it. I drink 3 to 4 quarts while Im at work and probably almost another gallon before/during/after the gym.