Notices

Oh yay I'm so new...

Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in LA, land of too much good food and too many underweight women.
Default Oh yay I'm so new...

Hello everyone!

Not new to tracking my calorie intake or exercise…. Been trying to use an online now more often than just a journal, been using Livestrong on and off for the last few weeks but I don’t really like it… I like how FitDay uses graphs and charts…. Sure do love me some graphs and charts….Especially because I'm a pescaterian (the only meat I eat is fish), it is important for me to know what I am eating and how much of it.

I guess my current source of confusion is wondering how do you know how much fat/carbs/protein/sugars to eat? I know how many calories I should have, but the rest seems so confusing to figure out….

My goal is to build some muscle and lose some fat. I've been running 20-40 minutes 2-3 during the work week then at least an hour on Sundays but those long runs are more like run/walk/hike/explore type adventures.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default glad you found us!

I checked out livestrong, but was not as comfortable there, for whatever reason. I think I felt like it was trying too hard - constant emails and reminders and invitations to join groups. I've been much happier here - and successful!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in LA, land of too much good food and too many underweight women.

Thank you, that's so helpful! I worry especially about getting enough protein since I don't eat any red meat or even chicken, and I try even to not eat a lot of fish because I don't want to get mercury poisoning.

Any idea on sugars? I know I eat waaaay too much sugar, either through juice or processed junk... Trying very hard to cut out stuff like processed foods and sugars, but sometimes all I want is a cup of noodles or a cupcake the size of my head. Plus sugar seems to be basically in everything remotely carb-like. It is a little annoying that fitday doesn't really track your sugar intake, as far as I can tell anyway.