FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Oh yay I'm so new... (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4048-oh-yay-im-so-new.html)

stephanieawesome 04-15-2011 08:16 PM

Oh yay I'm so new...

Hello everyone!

Not new to tracking my calorie intake or exercise…. Been trying to use an online now more often than just a journal, been using Livestrong on and off for the last few weeks but I don’t really like it… I like how FitDay uses graphs and charts…. Sure do love me some graphs and charts….Especially because I'm a pescaterian (the only meat I eat is fish), it is important for me to know what I am eating and how much of it.

I guess my current source of confusion is wondering how do you know how much fat/carbs/protein/sugars to eat? I know how many calories I should have, but the rest seems so confusing to figure out….

My goal is to build some muscle and lose some fat. I've been running 20-40 minutes 2-3 during the work week then at least an hour on Sundays but those long runs are more like run/walk/hike/explore type adventures.

nottango 04-16-2011 02:23 PM

glad you found us!

I checked out livestrong, but was not as comfortable there, for whatever reason. I think I felt like it was trying too hard - constant emails and reminders and invitations to join groups. I've been much happier here - and successful!

stephanieawesome 04-16-2011 08:07 PM

Thank you, that's so helpful! I worry especially about getting enough protein since I don't eat any red meat or even chicken, and I try even to not eat a lot of fish because I don't want to get mercury poisoning.

Any idea on sugars? I know I eat waaaay too much sugar, either through juice or processed junk... Trying very hard to cut out stuff like processed foods and sugars, but sometimes all I want is a cup of noodles or a cupcake the size of my head. :( Plus sugar seems to be basically in everything remotely carb-like. It is a little annoying that fitday doesn't really track your sugar intake, as far as I can tell anyway.