Notices

Oh hey!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oh hey!

Hey, I'm a newbie here to the Fitday site. Today started the first day of my diet.

Anyways, for a better introduction, I'm a 20 year old female diagnosed with PCOS. It has made losing weight an extreme challenge because for the most part, I eat really well, and I'm fairly active. I always knew there was room for improvement, but it didn't make sense that no matter what I did -including just not eating at all- I just couldn't lose weight. (which is why I eventually went to the doctor's and was then diagnosed) I'm 5'6 and 297 lbs. I'm doing a tweaked version of the low carb diet - it's the only one that's been proven to work the best with PCOS. It's gonna be work but I have an amazing support system. I just can't give up this time.

Since having PCOS makes losing weight really hard - my goal is to lose AT LEAST 50lbs before my birthday (October 22). And if I start to see that I'm losing more then that, then I will most definitely update my goal.

Okay, enough about me. Any support/advice/or just friendly chat is welcomed and appreciated.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

This is the place to be if you want to lose weight and get fit.

Read through some of the subforums--there's plenty of folks here who are happy to help.

If you'd like, check in on our 100+ Pounds to Lose thread in Diet Tips. We just started a Lose 10% of your Bodyweight by the 4th of July as well if that interests you.

If you need any help or have questions, just ask!

Regards,
Michael