Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can >

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can

Community
Notices

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can

Old 04-01-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can

Hi Everyone, I am new to Fitday. I need all the support I can get.I was previously 235 pounds, I dropped my weight down to 165 in about 8 months, but it was through not eating very much and walking miles and miles every day. let me just say it came back on quick and fast... I am now back up to 202 , but I want to lose it right this time. My difficult thing is i work in a pizza shop. and sometimes when i work alone thats the only option i have for something to eat. I do make it thin crust and try to keep as healthy as possible...I have started to drink only water or herbal teas. I also started doing Zumba 4 days ago. does anyone have any advice on what else i can do to lose weight? I am getting married in 5 months and i want to look good on my wedding day.... pleaaaaaaase? any one lose weight with zumba and have any advice on how to get better at the steps?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

why can't you bring your lunch to work?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
why can't you bring your lunch to work?
That's the first thing that crossed my mind as well. If you worked at a liqour store would you have a few shot of tequila every day? Just a thought.

I think if you're ready to commit to losing the weight again (and keeping it off) that you need to come up with a healthy eating and exercise plan that you can stick with.

I know all about quick weight loss and yo-yoing, been there, done that (more than once).

If you need any specific help or have questions about the site, please let us know.

Regards,
Michael

PS Welcome to FitDay and the forums!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Well i cannot bring my lunch as i do not have sit down breaks... i basically take a few bites and go back to work, then come back for a few bites..pizza stays good in a box for a couple hours and still tastes fine. where as anything else i eat will be cold and taste like crap. When i was on weight watchers before they also said pizza is actually not the worst thing for you...as it is baked in an oven...and i make it extra thin crust and packed with veggies and use minimal cheese. as long as i am watching my calorie intake and my nutrition lables and work out every day, a slice of pizza at work i dont think is terrible.I am not going to change my diet into only eating totally healthy because that will simply make me want to give up. Pizza sometimes at work is my treat. when all u smell and see is pizza, i need to eat it or i find myself snacking on the cookies and candies in the store, at least with the pizza i can attempt to make it less bad for me by thin crust veggies and minimal cheese. I work out 45 minutes a day...I eat good the rest of the day only drink water now or 10 calorie crystal light... but other then that anyone have any fun excersise ideas or know good food or herbals i could use to make my metabolism faster?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi sweety,
There are lots of things you can bring that would taste just fine in your "nibbling diet". In fact there are a number of people who might envy you for not having to sit down to a full meal of meat, potatoes, veggie, desert (repeat for 2nds).

Humus and veggies, mini chicken wraps (using low-carb tortillas), almonds, peanut butter and celery or apples, low fat cheese sticks, even baked pita chips and salsa would be better than a steady diet of pizza - no matter how thin the crust is. And of course you can always bring a salad. I personally do not like my salads ice cold, but if you get a little mini cooler/lunch box you can keep it nice and chilly.

Exercise is definitely the second major component. You might think about upping your workouts to more like an hour, if 45 minutes is pretty easy. Can you go for a quick walk on your breaks rather than snacking on pizza? Just to give yourself a break from the smells and the indoors?

Just a few thoughts. As you noted in your 1st post - this is a lifestyle change, not a quicky fix.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

You know what they say about a bad diet don't you? You can't outrun it. I certainly enjoy the occasional "cheat day" piece (or two) of pizza, but there is no way I could eat it several times/week and still lose weight. Agreed there are ways of making it less fattening, but a thin crust made with white flour and sugar is still heavy on the carb side and pepperoni is loaded with fat, if you can cut the cheese out completely that's a big drop in calories actually. The veggies might be fine, but if you're counting olives, artichokes and canned pineapple as "good veggies", you're quite mistaken. In your shoes I would pack myself a bag of fresh cut veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) and snack on them from time to time, and maybe a couple of pieces of fruit apples oranges, berries etc etc, you might also get yourself a cooler bag and toss in some yogurt or a salad, and maybe some cheese sticks or some Laughing Cow cheese wedges. For a while the smell of the cooking pizza is going to make you a drooling mess, but once you see how much easier the pounds melt off without the pizza you'll realize it's for the best. Good luck, I'm glad I don't have this same issue. I also agree that 45 minutes probably isn't enough of a workout. As Bob Harper says you need to bring yourself to a full body sweat 5 or 6 times/week for fat burning.