Notices

New new!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Talking New new!

Hey everyone! I'm new year to fitday and so far so good! I like the food log, exercise log, and this discussion forum! I've been reading this deal for the past hour and have gained so many tips for my weight loss journey. I was at my biggest at the beginning of the year. I did my first weigh-in January 7th at 226 lbs! Last monday I was at 205 lbs and I'm so excited to be in the 100's again! My goal is to be 135 and I realize that weight-loss is a journey, not an over-night thing. To me, it's a journey to re-evaluate my life choices with nutrition and exercise. I've found new foods to eat and am trying new activities (I've joined the YMCA). I'm glad to be able to post my thoughts in these forums and ask for advice; it's nice to see that there are other people (real people! lol) who are on the same journey as me and are headed in the right direction.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up That is Awesome

Wow, you're really making progress. I've just signed up - and so far I'm already at todays calorie limit! this is going to be a change. My current weight is 245, a month or so ago I was 235 and I thought that was my highest weight.
My goal is 175 - I can fit a size 8 or 10 at that weight and being 50 that's fine with me. So here goes. thanks for the awesome post!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

I've learned that a lot of this weight loss deal is mental. I'm trying to stay motivated and stay in the "I can do it!" frame of mind. I'm 22.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

"Mental"? Maybe, mostly I've found that it's "numeric", when you keep the numbers where they need to be, you lose weight. Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey, you're starting at almost the same weight I started at. And if there is one thing I can tell you, it's that I'm a pretty average woman, so if I can do this, so can you. Awesome job so far, congratulations.