FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new to FitDay and i think I will love it (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3758-hi-im-new-fitday-i-think-i-will-love.html)

Juliet## 03-20-2011 11:07 AM

Hi, I'm new to FitDay and i think I will love it

I have tried journaling before (handwritten), but I was never consistent about writing everything down.

Recently, a Fitness Coach recommended to me that I try an ONLINE food and activity journal -- and he particularly liked FitDay, so i thought I'd try it. I wasn't sure I would stick with it, but I've been using it for over a week now andI LOVE it.

The FOOD section makes it easy to record foods and modify every day for the calories I've eaten, much easier than having to do the math myself! :)

Right now, I don't have a tremendous amount of weight/fat to lose since in the past, I had gotten down to a fairly good range and stayed there for a while. But although I've been keeping my weight fairly stable, as many of you already know, it's not so much what you weigh on the scale as much as measurements -- especially arount the navel -- that really tells the tale! And i have a very SAD tale to tell!

I've been relatively sedentary this past year compared to previous years, and I've been lax about monitoring my eating. So although I haven't gained a lot on the scale, I've added several inches to my waist - and that's not good.

What that shows is that i've lost some muscle and gained a lot of fat. On the scale it looks like i've only gained a few pounds... but the tape measure indicates something different. :p

So that's why I am here... to improve my health and fitness, lose some weight, and most importantaly lose some inches! I know now that I will stay here and keep up my journaling, so I've made a commitment and i am here to stay. I was very fit a couple of years ago, worked out with a trainer, watched what I ate... but over the past couple of years, i got lazy and now I am not in the same shape anymore, iI am ashamed to admit!

I am off to a good start, shopped for healthy foods, started trying to be very consistent about exercise again...and that's the key! Consistency. Do SOMETHING, even if you don't feel like doing it -- and eventually it will become a "good habit" and that applies with eating patterns, also.

I know that "consistency" about my exercise and watching what I ate worked for me in the past... it's just hard to get started and keeping at it until you reach your goal. That's where the support of others really comes in handy.

You don't want to let other people down, right?

So, I really appreciate any encouragement and advise that any of you can offer me! And of course, I will do the same....

vabeachgirlNYC 03-20-2011 04:14 PM

Welcome to FitDay Juliet##. :)

I love the ease of logging my food here too since I am also a former notebook journal person! I still can't believe I used to write everything down every single day. This is so much easier! :D

I also measure since my scale lies to me all the time. Losing inches is how I know I am getting fit and losing the fat even when my weight doesn't change much.

Check out all the great threads in the forum, join in and if you have any questions just ask!

Juliet## 03-20-2011 11:29 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, vabeachgirlNYC!

I will be checking out the other threads...it is very encouraging to learn good ideas that worked for other people....