Notices

Newcomer

Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Question Newcomer

Hello,
My name is Bruce and I need to loose weight.
I am 66 years old and 50 -60 pounds overweight. I am also a chocoholic, serious case.
I went to a dietican yesterday and am trying to use FitDay to record my food intake. A bit complicated and with vertually no instructions, it ain't easy. So if anyone could help with my first questions:
1) is it necessary to go through 40,912 types of english muffins to find the one you want?
2) Is there a place where I can keep track of my excercise?

Any other little tricks you can tell me about would be nice, including how the heck I'm going to know someone has responded to this.

Thanks
Bruce
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

I am new here too but I can tell you that there is an activities tab at the top that you can track your exercise & daily activities the same as you do your foods. It becomes a lot easier the longer you do it. I have been using the calorie counter & activities tracker for 2 weeks now and it really helps me to see where I have slipped up!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Bruce, and welcome.

I see April has filled you in about the Activities tab, so you should be good there.

Yes, it can take a while to get used to the food database. You may find it easier to use the Browse food option, instead of the search engine (I use both--after a while you'll get a feel for what works best for you).

Another option is to simply enter your particular food as a Custom food. It takes a couple of minutes, but once it's in, that's it.

One more trick is to use the Recent foods (more) option, especially if you eat the same things often--you can go down through the list of what you've eaten day-by-day and check off things to add to your food list and it adds them all at once.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay Bruce! As mentioned there is an activities tab and creating a custom food is simple. You can also created foods by weight or measurement if you didn't want to do it as a serving size.