Notices

New here, need to lose weight.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default New here, need to lose weight.

Hey,

I'm Misery, I've been overweight since very young, gained even more recently.
Ready to change.
Going to experiment until I find the right balance between indulgence, comfort, and fitness.
I added way too much information earlier so, I am getting more to the point.
I like art, I spend most of my time seated, I used to eat whatever I want without really caring about the consequences. Barely ever exercised more then 20 mins.. I'm finally taking control over my own actions, and my body. Pushing myself to see how far I can go when I truly put my efforts in.

Thank you everyone for your support, advice, and kindness.
I feel like I'm part of a team.

~Misery
~250lb
~19 yrs old

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for putting your story out there, Misery. I hope it helped you a bit to get it out, and I'm sure that it will help many others who can relate to various parts of it.

I just want to say to you that it is not too late to start taking care of yourself. We've all put our bodies through a lot in some form or fashion, but you are still very young and have a lot of time to enjoy a healthy life. If you look at the years you spend making not-so-great choices as blips in an overall lifetime of generally good ones, you still come out ahead. I commend you for making that decision at a young age. I also want you to know that you deserve this...for many people, feeling that they deserve the time and effort it takes to get healthy is one of the biggest hurdles to get through.

Take one step at a time, make small changes along the way, and challenge yourself and be gentle with yourself when you need to be. You can do this. Use the forums for support, for answers, for opinions, whatever you need. There are a lot of people here willing to share all of the above and more and we are looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

Take care...
Old 03-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Misery,

I can only echo what Cassie has said. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions or need some support don't hesitate to ask!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you both very much, I've started tearing up, same to you if either of you want to talk to me or need anything I'll do my best to be there for you.

~misery

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-07-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: i'm a noob
Old 03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

maybe one day your feel the need to change your username...
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

thanks.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie stated it very well, but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on deciding to take care of you, and taking your life into your own hands. You've had a life full of experience so far, and you can go forward knowing that you can probably get through ANYTHING if you've already gotten through that -- losing the weight will be a wonderful life-affirming thing.

You seem like you've got a good plan in place so far. Even just one little change every day, they all add up to big changes over time. Welcome welcome, and we're all here for each other
Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hey!
I also just wanted to congratulate you for making the decision to change your life. At 19 you have so much ahead of you and with your determination you can really make a difference!
Keep at it and if you want to talk just post away!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
FitDay Member

Smile thanks for sharing...

So inspiring to hear about your courage to change your life around ...one pound at time. Hang in there!! sounds like your've got support in place and right attitude. Perhaps soon you'll no longer want to be known as misery...you sound too strong and optimistic to be called this!!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for your support and positive replies.
Already 4 days into this, I feel healthier. Happier.
There's boost of self-esteem, waking up everyday knowing that i'm not going to give up, that i have a goal for my life.
And going to bed at night knowing that I've done a good job for my health
I shower & brush my teeth more, and even have done a few extra chores around the house. Haven't forgot to take my vitamins. Brush my hair twice a day. Even have been flossing.
I know these are basic hygiene, but I was so depressed for so long, I really let a lot of things slide. I'm taking care of my health, and it is having a domino effect
Some of this started at the beginning of this year. But a huge amount of it is from only 4 days ago. I found this site, and I really was so touched to see SO MANY PEOPLE who have lost weight, whether its 5 pounds or 300 pounds. To see that I can track everything in 1 place, talk to people about it, have some support, has caused a huge amount of motivation for me. I realized I can do this for the first time I'm not just "gunna sorta try"
This site is now really special to me, and every person here in the forums really has helped me a lot. <3

P.S the name Misery, really suits me a lot most of the time.. usually when I'm alone, and slightly bored. I get really down quite often. But as 01gt4.6 (Mike) said = I might have to change the name someday.

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-10-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: added a P.S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.