Notices

Hello from Busselton Australia!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello from Busselton Australia!

Hi everyone, I am new here.
I have decided that the time has come to do something about this horrible feeling called FAT!
I won't bore you with my life story but here is a snap shot...
30 years old, 5 foot 9, healthy weight (70 kilo) up until I had my gorgeous son in 2006, gained 25 kilo during pregnancy, lost 12 of it in few months following birth but then weight went up to almost 99 kilos due to no activity and drinking way too much wine every night!!! Relationship with then fiance dropped to an all time low!
Moved from the big city to country town in Dec 09 and weight dropped to 88 kilo (still drinking though).
So now here I am at 86 kilos and have woken up this morning attempt a 10 day alcohol free period. It will be hard but it has to be done!!
I put the weight loss down to change of environment and also Busselton is a small town so you can walk many places. But now I am stuck at 86 kilos.
Just quickly I have a wonderful husband and son and those relationships are great now but I think they will get even better once I get healthy and feel more confident in myself.
Pheww so much for not telling you my life story!!!

Ok I am going to have a read of your posts, take care, stay strong and bring on that WILL POWER!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Bussomum! Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations for taking charge of yourself. Don't stress about the wine situation. I also enjoy a bottle or three, but once you're in the right mindset and you can see the weight shifting, I've found it's actually easy to say no to it. I'm down to one drinking night a week where in the months surrounding Christmas, I was drinking between one and two bottles every night.

What are your goals?

Where is Busselton? I'm up (or down, depending on your viewpoint) in Gympie, Qld.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on wanting to better yourself. Good luck on your 10 days without alcohol, it may be difficult but if you want to do it bad enough, you will.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yes, I agree, you CAN do it! I, myself had gotten into the habit of a drink or five most every evening. Went to once a week, now once a month. If you want to bad enough, you can change and really once your mind is made up it's really not so bad.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your support everyone!
Behaze, Busselton is south west of Perth. We are a smallish town on the coast. I love it!! My main goals are;
- Feel healthy
- get to between 70 and 75 kilos
- Be at least in the 70's by April 17th (our first wedding anniversary)
- and feel comfortable in my own skin and any clothes I want
I absolutely hate going to the wardrobe and choosing the same old daggy clothes everyday!!

How is your journey going and how long have you been on Fitday?