Notices

Cooknmom is eating too much!!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Cooknmom is eating too much!!

Well,time to really look at the fat cells for what they are..disgusting..i am a very good stay at home mom that is slowly comfort-fooding me and my family to obesity. It is with great sadness but with staunch optimism that I will use the food journal to cut back and get from 210 to at least 175. 5'8" large frame woman took 15 years to pack on 35 extra pounds. My husband is thin but works out a LOT,my daughter is fine,son is overweight but not terribly..good luck to everyone on their quest!!! Wish me luck too!! If the snow ever stops and the kids stay in school for a full week I am hoping to get to the gym more regularly!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

My goal is also to lose 35 lbs. I am 5'6'' and weight 180 (well this morning it was 179.6) And my goal weight is 145. I would like to lose it all by the fall, but hopefully make great strides before summer gets here! I'm tired of looking terrible in a swimsuit!

BTW, I am also a stay at home mom. I find it so easy to nibble my way to extra lbs. I've really got to strive not to go into the kitchen and eat whenever I get the urge.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay cooknmom!

Does your gym have daycare or a children's program that would allow you to bring them with you? Maybe you could find activities at home that would be a good workout for all of you?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, I too am a SAHM and do a lot of cookin', nibblin' and feedin' the youngins. This is a great tool to help you in your quest to get healthy. Congratulations on taking the first step, you can do this, brace yourself for a fight in dragging the fam along with you. You just have to be firm and consistent and pretty soon you'll hear Jr. say things like "we don't eat that in our house, it's just not good for you". We do have a tiny bit of junk food in our house, but it's for "special" occasions and not for "everyday".
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Ha Ha,my 10 year old daughter dreads the daycare because it is"for babies" and it really is geared for the younger set..but that was so kind of you to suggest it..!! As a matter of fact,she is looking forward to turning 13 so she can join the gym and workout on the machines,but with a Dr. note she can really join now,but will wait till she matures a little more..
Old 02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Oh I so hope and wish for you too to have the willpower that we all need to make our goals..thanks for your supportful msg! I have been really bad lately,but the food journal is a real eye opener to HOW BAD I really have been..and a 2000 calorie a day diet is what I'm going to stick to with exercise added in(and not adding reward food for the exercise calories burned!)
Old 02-25-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, and good luck!