Notices

# of daily calories on no exercise day

Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default # of daily calories on no exercise day

I have just joined and am really happy with this site. It does the math for me and makes my daily intake soooo easy to do

I do have a question. I do water aerobics M-T and according to the activites thing that is 254 calories. I am on a 1800 a day or less diet for Diabetes and according to my goals that is also what the software here came up with. OK - so, do I deduct the 254 calories from the 1800 on my no exercise days or is that 1800 figure based on my overall lifestyle?
_______
Age 64 and 5'11"
02/10/2011 - 194 lbs
Goal for 06/01/11 = 170 lbs and daily blood sugar 100 or under wo/meds.

Last edited by kismet1947; 02-17-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hi kismet,

Welcome! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what happens is that the 1800 is based on your overall lifestyle -- on the days that you do water aerobics, you're simply burning the extra ~250 cals, which will help you lose weight a little bit faster.

Or, you could add the extra ~250 cals on those days and your "burn" every day would be the same, but I think if you're supposed to be on an 1800 diet regardless of activity, maybe you shouldn't do that ^_^ In that case, the exercise if just helping you lose weight a little more easily.

Goodness, that answer might be confusing!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Taubele. That does make sense to me. It's just been hard to believe that I could reach my goal on 1800 calories a day. That's a good amount of food and I am not hungry. I eat every 3 hours and keep my carbs to 220 or less. For Atkins folks thats a carb buffet
Old 02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Hi kismet,

Welcome! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what happens is that the 1800 is based on your overall lifestyle -- on the days that you do water aerobics, you're simply burning the extra ~250 cals, which will help you lose weight a little bit faster.

Or, you could add the extra ~250 cals on those days and your "burn" every day would be the same, but I think if you're supposed to be on an 1800 diet regardless of activity, maybe you shouldn't do that ^_^ In that case, the exercise if just helping you lose weight a little more easily.

Goodness, that answer might be confusing!
Your lifestyle does not include any exercises, you can add that in with the activities tab. IMO I would also log sleep. Don't forget the weight goal tab, put your goal date and goal weight in there.