Notices

Twin mama from Michigan

Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Mrs. Z, welcome to FitDay. Almost nothing feels as good, as a mom, than knowing you are doing right nutritionally by your kids. So congrats to you!

BTW, did you mean to type "grouchy" shopping? I can't tell if it was on purpose or not but it was the best laugh I've had today
Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Casey

It sounds like we have a lot in common! I danced from age 2-18, so I was the same as you - I never though I would HAVE to work out. But luckily I enjoy exercising. Especially when I am listening to music - it's actually a lot like dancing, it just doesn't look as good haha. What type of dance did you do?

Well, I have three kids: 21 month old twins and a 4 week old baby. Yeah they are close together! We just wanted our kids to be able to be close friends. Luckily, my baby is so easy - he just grunts and stares and hardly ever cries. Anyway, right now I'm more trying to get in the habit of being healthy again than really lose a ton of weight.

Oh, and I have been trying to get my kids to eat real food, too... the best they will eat is when I make it look like something else haha. I made 'bumps on a log' with celery filled with peanut butter and put raisins on the top and told them it was ants on a log and they ate them all up and begged for more!! But most the time they will just throw their food at eachother or on the floor
Old 02-10-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Alleys, how in the heck do you do 1200 calories and not starve.. I feel like I'm dying at 1400. No joke
Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Twinner,
I did tap, jazz, ballet, modern. Jazz was the longest and my favorite!! I heard an exercise class called rumba is really fun dance type card exercise. My issue is I am a stay at home mom during the week with no day are options except the occasional mother in law to watch the kiddos. So exercise videos it is for now. Trying to steal one day a week away to a gym. Like i said I'm in Michigan so I am waiting for springs i can get the stroller outside. You will have a little onto wear and two to push this summer!!! Congrats on the baby!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Lol no my stupid ipad auto corrects words.. And it picked that word. :-) glad to make you laugh though.
My fridge looks like a health freak took over!!! Lol no bad foods left except the kiddos scooby snacks!!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Twins too.

Hey, me too.

My twins are 12 years old and I am losing that same 35lbs that I gained. Mine are finally big enough for me to carve out time to exercise. I also have just started the Wii Fit plus routines and I can't believe how out of shape that I have let myself become.

Keep the encouragement coming.

Anita
Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrsz82303
Alleys, how in the heck do you do 1200 calories and not starve.. I feel like I'm dying at 1400. No joke
I pretty much eat fruits/veggies all day with some protein mixed in. I don't drink anything other than water.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Shuleran
Hey, me too.

My twins are 12 years old and I am losing that same 35lbs that I gained. Mine are finally big enough for me to carve out time to exercise. I also have just started the Wii Fit plus routines and I can't believe how out of shape that I have let myself become.

Keep the encouragement coming.

Anita
Hi Shuleran!
I just started the Wii fit/Active plus this week too. It's depressing to see how out of shape I am. OMG...I almost broke down in tears a couple of times. It's crazy though because I didn't feel this out of shape before. Does that make since? Anyway, today's the first day that I can actually walk with out looking like something is um, stuck up my rear.
Just take your time with it. If you need a break, just pause and rest up. Let me know how you're doing day by day. We can encourage eachother!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hey girls! One of my friends invited me to a gym last Friday and oh my did it kick my butt. I still have the Jillian michaels videos for naptime. I wish to to to a gym once or twice a week though encouraging and helps me push myself harder. So far away though... 35 miles to that gym.
Diet calorie countin is going well so far. Sticking to 1400-1500 aday still with 25 min of workout a day. I know that isn't much but I'll try and add mOre gradually updates please!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

What do you ladies think of starting anothertopic called mamas of multiples :mom fitday Or something like that to support mamas of multiples.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.