New military member >

New military member

Community
Notices

New military member

Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default New military member

Hey guys I've actually been on fitday for awhile but never participated in forums and only used the food tracker b/c it was mandatory by my squadron. Now I'm getting back on and putting more effort into this thing b/c i want to lose the weight and keep it off.

Last time I had a fitness test I just did atkins a month prior and dropped about 20lbs and some inches off my stomach but it has all come back b/c I went back to doing what I did before. My next fitness test is March 31, 2011 and I'm hoping I can get the weight and inches off in a healthy way instead of previous methods.

Now, I'm not trying any "diets" but trying to change the way I eat more specifically portion size. I don't believe I eat too bad but my portion sizes are out of control. I think counting my calories now and charting weight loss will be a great tool to losing the fat.

I'm also participating in at least 45 minutes of cardio everyday with push ups, sit ups, free weights and core excercises mixed in on different days. Look forward to sharing my before, during and after pictures with everyone in hopes of being held accountable to my current goals.

I'm currently
Height: 5'11
Weight: 270
Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for serving

First, thank you for your service to our country, I hope we can give you some small level of support!

And, I'm a big fan of portion control, and no diets. My husband figured out the "one thing I love" tool, which is identify an free food you truly love (his is Dill Pickles), and give yourself regular treats of that.

Good Luck!

Abby
Old 02-09-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums!

I, too, prefer to simply eat good food in reasonable (and measured) amounts. FitDay makes it pretty easy and the results are great. I think this is by far a better idea than using some "fad" diet.

Thanks for your service and I know you'll get the results you want if you stick with using FitDay.

Regards,
Michael