FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   First Day!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3324-first-day.html)

Shuleran 02-08-2011 06:25 AM

First Day!!

Hello all,
I discovered this site today after "googling" online food journal. I am so excited. I have already talked a coworker into journaling with me. I can't believe how the calories add up!! I want to lose 40lbs. I am a married Mom of 3 and I work full time. My children are involved in travel sports so we hit the drive thru way to much. I purchased a Wii Fit and I am trying for a 30 minute session 5 days a week. I am reading a "Get a Fit Lifestyle" book and I am finally feeling encouraged. I have been having blood pressure issues and had to go on hypertension medication last summer. I have also been diagnosed as "pre-diabetic". I work in a hospital and I should know better but I am ready to finally make this work. Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated!:D

jhowar16 02-08-2011 09:09 AM

Welcome to Fit Day! I'm a few weeks new myself but it's good to see you have yourself motivated! =) Just remember that Pop has empty calories =P

That's why I try drinking 96 oz of water a day- calorie free! but without a scale I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting lol

If you have any questions there are lovely Moderators around to help you!
Welcome! =)

01gt4.6 02-08-2011 09:52 AM

welcome to FitDay. We're glad to see that you were able to find us over here.:D

mwallace29 02-09-2011 01:12 PM

HI! It is nice to meet you!!! I will have to check out the book you are reading.

mecompco 02-09-2011 08:58 PM

Welcome to FitDay and the forums. A few simple lifestyle changes and you'll be on your way to your goal.

Congrats on the WiiFit--I enjoy ours (although I could live w/o it reminding me, both verbally and by inflating my Mii, that I'm "obese"! :mad:).

If you have any questions or would like advice, just ask! :D

Regards,
Michael

almeeker 02-09-2011 11:11 PM

Hello fellow mother of 3. I hear you on the travel sports. My dd's are swimmers, so it's every weekend through the season. I started packing sandwiches and healthy snacks last year. It was a bit of a battle at first, but now my kids like it. It SAVES A TON of money, and it also helps you keep on your diet. I can pack a huge snack/lunch bag in 7 minutes, which is exactly how long it takes to hit the drive-thru.

Shuleran 02-10-2011 11:44 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I am 5 days in and I am still feeling strong. I went to my birthday lunch yesterday and made good choices but still exceeded my calories by 1pm so I had a plain salad for dinner while everyone else had spagetti and garlic bread. I would NEVER have done that without the food journal to keep me straight. It is certainly something about seeing it in writing!

Thanks to all for the comments. I am going to make this work!!!!!!!

shannonvhm 02-11-2011 01:02 AM

Hi there~! Today is my first day, so I'm with you! I have no doubt we'll succeed. That's for sure! Of course, the day I pick to start is the day I brought 2 packs of ramen noodles as my food... lol... <smacking self in head>. But hey, I know that from now on, i'll be eating healthier! Seeing it like that, as you said, it amazing. LOL