Notices

FitDay Virgin

Old 02-07-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay Virgin

I thought I would share my very first Journal entry as my introduction, so here it is...
Monday, 2/7/2011
Today is the first day of the rest of my life...I know...sounds like a cliche', but today really is. See, I start working out twice a week this evening with a personal trainer. I'm very excited. During the 6 weeks that John was out with his partial knee replacement, I did some serious thinking and soul searching. I considered the health issues of my parents, my siblings, and my grandparents. I came to the very scary realization that if I continued the status-qua, I would not live to see my 50th birthday. Yes, 50! It scared the bejesus out of me! I decided that once things got back to some normalcy, and John went back to work, that I would finally take the time to work on me. I have been the one constant for my entire family my whole life. If they needed something, anything, the know that all they have to do is call and I'd be there. While I dearly love my family, I need to start to love me. I will continue to do for my family as needed, but I have to learn to say no on occasion and yes to me. So, today truly is the first day of the rest of my life. Wish me luck!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great post, and welcome to FitDay and the forums!

It sounds like your're serious about this and that's great--this is the place to lose weight and get fit. It's worked pretty well for me and I know it will do the same for you if you put a bit of effort into it.

Come up with an eating and exercise plan you can be comfortable with and look at this as a lifestyle change and not a "diet".

Spend some time reading the subforums--lots of great people and good advice there.

If you want any advice or have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael