Notices

New Motivation...but scared...

Old 01-29-2010, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Motivation...but scared...

My dad needs a new kidney and I wanted to give him one of mine. I was told my BMI was too high. It needs to be 35, mine is 47 (or so.) So bummed. But now I am motivated. Right now I'm "starting" by using FITDAY, eating more fiber, and drinking more water. Tomorrow hubby and I are going to buy new shoes so we can feel more comfy exercising. What am I getting myself into?
Amy
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

I am so sorry about your father, that is tough! It is awesome that you want to donate one of yours. Perhaps this will be the motivation to get you healthy as well!!! Your BMI should really be between 20 - 25....with 25 - 30 being acceptable but not as good.

Try and eliminate the "white" food from your diet....refined carbs like sugar, white flour, white rice, potatoes, white bread, white pasta. Try and cut out deep fried foods, fried foods, fast food and junk food.

It is a tough thing to do. I know!! I was a sugar junkie, a coke addict (coca cola!) and a lover of the fast food burgers n fries!!! It was very hard giving it all up!! But it can be done, with the right motivation and you have the best motivation EVER!!